Blue Screen on BFBC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlemagne6893

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
For Christmas I purchased a 1TB HDD and an HD 6870, after installing and playing BFBC2 with my new system, I recieved a BSOD in-game, obviously this started some worry on my part. I re-launched and got back into the game to receive ANOTHER BSOD after about 20 minutes.

This time my BIOS and Windows were telling me I had a bad drive and It needed to be replaced. I sent my HDD out for RMA about 5 days ago, and my new one will be here on Monday.

I plugged in my old HDD and started to play some more BFBC2.

Blue Screen.

WTF, I dont know what to do anymore, I don't know what could cause it. Any help would be appreciated. I'll post the stop code the next time it happens.

Thanks for the help guys, specs below.

AMD Phenom X4 9600
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6870
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
750w PSU

(Yes my processor is trash...)

ALSO, I ONLY BSOD in Bad Company 2, no other game has issues after hours of play. Thanks again guys, looking forward to your wisdom.

-Char

Solution

I was having similar issues with my newly upgraded rig, even after several days with no problems, I started getting random BSODS, I dont have the error codes but this is what I didl; I wiped my hardrive clean and reinstalled windows 7 and my XFX 6870. At first I thought I had something overclocked too hi which turned out not to be the case..... I just reinstalled bfbc2 via steam and I am about to jump into game-play online to see if it fixed the problem, it almost felt like the driver somehow became corrupt, I got a blue screen in the game once and then after that it would occur just when windows would start up, but with a fresh reinstall I have had no problems. I am running the latest ver of cat and amd drivers, 10.12 I believe, I will report back with further findings, weird..

I feel like some previous gpu drivers were conflicting that I simply could not get rid of (driver sweeper etc) who knows but a fresh re-installation of windows is probably a good place to start if you don't have a ton to back up...

also what is the make and model of your psu? do you have anything overclocked during these bsods you are having?

Solution

Charlemagne6893

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
PSU is a generic CaseGears Eco-Element 750w

Drivers should be up to date, it was a fresh install of everything when I received my new HDD, Windows, Games, Drivers, everything.

I did go from nvidia --> AMD, but again, with a new HDD i don't think that would cause an issue.

Just checked to make sure my SATA cable was also as flat as possible.

Stop code is STOP 0x00000124

Thanks for the help so far, let me know how it goes! :D

just got done playing a really long game of rush no problems, your power supply sounds suspect, consider the fact that battlefield might be the only game that causes it to crash because it draws the most graphical power which on a high load might cause your video card to crash when it is not being fed properly from your psu. I would think that would be a good start... its most likely either an insufficient psu or a faulty graphics card, but it sounds like your psus specs might be off given that it does not have a reliable efficiency rating.

Did you try reinstalling BFBC2?

sounds good let me know how it goes, mines been running smooth ever since, what is your steam name?mines defytheordinary001 if you ever want to play

Charlemagne6893

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Seems to be running ok, also brought my CPU frequency down a bit just to be sure i didn't have it OC'd

Got throught about 3-4 rounds, which is golden for me.

Steam ID is {GCN} Charlemagne, I usually play with my cousin, it'll be nice to have another squad member lol

Thanks for all the help man, see you in game!

good well I hope that works for you, having trouble adding you on steam is it just Charlemagne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS