Play station 3 arctic silver alternative

G

Playstation 3 is notorious for over heating to the point its prossesing chip disconnects from its mother board. Its quick fix is using Arctic silver. The fix is quick but the fix doesn't last because it heats up too high for the Arctic silver. It is said if playstation would have been able to use appoxy/alloy with lead in it, it would work better, but they can't. I've heard of reflow electritions using such lead appoxy/alloy but I don't know what to use. What would be a higher heat resisant material safe to use on electronics (playstation) and where to get? I have a digital hot air pencil for precise temps and airflow. -thanks dustin-

BeCoolBro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Arctic ceramique,MX-3,Ocz freeze,shin etsu thermalpaste etc.I don't think the PS3 has such a problem with overheating that it can surpass arctic silvers maximum allowed heat.It is a cpu not a furnace.

Playstation 3 is notorious for over heating to the point its prossesing chip disconnects from its mother board.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the XBox 360? ;) I have a 3rd generation 80g PS3 (model just before the slim) and have no issues overheating even after playing 6+ hours

Anyhow, they sell 3rd party coolers that are less intrusive than opening up the PS3. You may want to try one of them first.