PRL Changes 50183 vs. 50203

Rich

PRL 50203 has been released and here are the changes compared to PRL
50183. Some of the details of the SIDs were obtained from
www.justalurker.com and www.mountainwireless.com and
http://www.ifast.org/SIDtables.htm
Some changes in priority and changes from A to D/A may not be noted
along with any other changes that I may have missed.

This is really a rather minor change with one exception. All previous
FR areas are now FRM areas, with the exception of 3 SIDs as noted below.
See the descriptions below to see how the roaming indicator will now
work with the Extended Network broken down into 2 categories (FRM and
FRL). In future updates, FR will not be referenced and FRM and FRL will
be used instead. FRM comes from "Free RoaM", and FRL comes from "Free
Roam Limited".

VZW = Verizon native area - no triangle
FRM = Free Roam/Extended Network - no triangle
FRL = Free Roam/Extended Network Limited - flashing triangle
RM = Roaming - solid triangle
NEG = Negative Entry - will not roam on this provider
A = Analog Only
D/A = Digital/Analog
D = Digital Only
PCS = PCS

The following areas changed from RM to FRM.
234 D/A ACS Wireless
187B Anchorage AK
1018 D/A ACS Wireless
315B Alaska 1 - Wade Hampton
1022 D/A ACS Wireless
317B Alaska 3 - Haines
1868 D/A Peoples Wireles
658B Texas 7 - Fannin
1703 A Western Wireless Corporation
658A Texas 7 - Fannin
451 D/A Western Wireless Corporation
128A McAllen-Edinburg-Mission TX
164 A Cingular Wireless
075B Austin TX
667B Texas 16 - Burleson
La Ward Cellular
671B Texas 20 - Wilson
1408 D/A Mid-Missouri Cellular
024B Kansas City MO-KS
510B Missouri 7 - Saline

The following area changed location.
126 D/A Verizon Wireless
238B Sharon PA
612B Pennsylvania 1 - Crawford
617B Pennsylvania 6 - Lawrence
AllTel Communications
066B Youngstown-Warren OH
595B Ohio 11 - Columbiana

The following VZW areas were added.
6 PCS Verizon Wireless
020B Seattle-Everett WA
082B Tacoma WA
212B Bremerton WA
242B Olympia WA
270B Bellingham WA
693B Washington 1 - Clallam
696B Washington 4 - Grays Harbor

The following areas are the FRL exceptions.
1299 A Centennial Communications
174A Lafayette LA
205A Alexandria LA
455A Louisiana 2 - Morehouse
456A Louisiana 3 - De Soto
457A Louisiana 4 - Caldwell
458A Louisiana 5 - Beauregard
459A Louisiana 6 - Iberville
460A Louisiana 7 - West Feliciana
500A Mississippi 8 - Claiborne
501A Mississippi 9 - Copiah
6480 PCS Unknown
1396 D/A NORTHWEST MISSOURI CELLULAR LIMITED PARTNERSHIP Kurtis &
Associates, P.C.
504B Missouri 1 - Atchison

I updated both my lines tonight to 50203 (well, 50202 on my non-ERI capable
Nokia 3285).

The primary line went fine. No issues.

The secondary line (Nokia 3285) claimed PRL update was successful but then
refused to make or receive calls. The error message I received was "We're
currently unable to authenticate your phone, please try your call again
later."

I called CS, and a tech had me manually enter an authorization key. Once
that was complete, the phone worked fine again. The tech I spoke with
claimed this was probably not related to the PRL update, however, the phone
worked fine just prior to the PRL update, and stopped working immediately
afterwards.

Hopefully this is just a fluke...

-Dan

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

Hmm; I did a PRL update and I'm still on 50186. Maybe there's no change
in the PRL for National SingleRate?

I'm in the Seattle area.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Could someone in the know, or as close to it as we get on this group,
pontificate on the reclassification of the SIDs in the PRL. Explaining
what the effective difference between FRM and FRL are, what to expect as
a banner on FRM (no triangle, but no "verizon" banner?), and interaction
with billing and plans.

Josh

Rich wrote:
> [...]
> The following VZW areas were added.
> 6 PCS Verizon Wireless
> 020B Seattle-Everett WA
> 082B Tacoma WA
> 212B Bremerton WA
> 242B Olympia WA
> 270B Bellingham WA
> 693B Washington 1 - Clallam
> 696B Washington 4 - Grays Harbor

> The following areas are the FRL exceptions.
> 1299 A Centennial Communications
> 174A Lafayette LA
> 205A Alexandria LA
> 455A Louisiana 2 - Morehouse
> 456A Louisiana 3 - De Soto
> 457A Louisiana 4 - Caldwell
> 458A Louisiana 5 - Beauregard
> 459A Louisiana 6 - Iberville
> 460A Louisiana 7 - West Feliciana
> 500A Mississippi 8 - Claiborne
> 501A Mississippi 9 - Copiah
> 6480 PCS Unknown
> 1396 D/A NORTHWEST MISSOURI CELLULAR LIMITED PARTNERSHIP Kurtis &

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:35:33 -0400, Josh Steinhurst
<j.news@steinhurst.net> wrote:

> Could someone in the know, or as close to it as we get on this group,
>pontificate on the reclassification of the SIDs in the PRL. Explaining
>what the effective difference between FRM and FRL are, what to expect as
>a banner on FRM (no triangle, but no "verizon" banner?), and interaction
>with billing and plans.

This change is related to the expanded IN-network (mobile-to-mobile)
coverage on AC plans that starts today.

FRM = AC plan minutes AND IN-network minutes apply
FRL = AC plan minutes apply, but IN-network minutes do NOT apply (in
other words, M2M calls are treated as normal minutes)

FRM = "Extended Network", no triangle
FRL = "Extended Network", flashing triangle

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might

Rich

Ok - hope this helps:

Prior to this PRL we had the following
VZW = "Verizon Wireless" on the phone with no triangle, this meant that
all features including In-Network coverage would work.

FR = "Extended Network" on the phone with a flashing triangle, this
meant that you would not pay roaming, but some digital features may not
work, and you were not part of the In-Network (although sometimes the
billing gave you a break)

RM = "Roaming" on the phone with a steady triangle, this meant that you
would pay for roaming, digital features most likely wouldn't work, and
you were not part of the In-Network.

With this PRL they are now classified as follows with all previous FR
areas becoming FRM with the except of the 3 SIDs that are FRL:
VZW - same as before

FRM = "Extended Network" on the phone with no triangle, this means that
you will not pay roaming, some digital features may not work, but it is
now part of the In-Network.

FRL = "Extended Network" on the phone with a flashing triangle, this
means that you will not pay roaming, some digital features may not work,
and is NOT part of the In-Network.

RM - same as before.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Rich

In article <j%_5d.167277$3l3.2340@attbi_s03>,
Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org> wrote:
>With this PRL they are now classified as follows with all previous FR
>areas becoming FRM with the except of the 3 SIDs that are FRL:
>VZW - same as before
>
>FRM = "Extended Network" on the phone with no triangle, this means that
>you will not pay roaming, some digital features may not work, but it is
>now part of the In-Network.
>
>FRL = "Extended Network" on the phone with a flashing triangle, this
>means that you will not pay roaming, some digital features may not work,
>and is NOT part of the In-Network.
>
>RM - same as before.

Does this mean that on a phone without ERI (triangle or Rm icon only;
no "Verizon Wireless" or other text), that you will not be able to
differentiate FRM and native VZW coverage?

And does this mean that for the most part, that Extended Network partners
are now IN-Network? (!!)

Rich

CharlesH wrote:
> Does this mean that on a phone without ERI (triangle or Rm icon only;
> no "Verizon Wireless" or other text), that you will not be able to
> differentiate FRM and native VZW coverage?
>
> And does this mean that for the most part, that Extended Network partners
> are now IN-Network? (!!)

That is exactly what it means.

Rich