Help with Dlink NIC & Security

Jim

When I try to enable any of the security features I get a message that the
SSID is already configured and to enter a new SSID and network connection.

When I do this it will not connect to the AP even though it shows it with a
good signal. I have duplicated all the same info on the router/AP. D-Link
had been no help when I have called for assistance. I have deleted the old
SSID and all info prior to creating the new SSID with security enabled.

I am banging my head against a brick wall.

The computer is a Win 98Se but that should not matter as I am only working
with the D-Ling configuration utility.

Thanks for your help
Jim

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:30:02 -0600, "Jim" <jcmios@n-connect.net>
wrote:

>The computer is a Win 98Se but that should not matter as I am only working
>with the D-Ling configuration utility.

How about a clue as to the computah make and model, the D-Link product
name and model, the version level of the D-Link device, the firmware
version, the driver version, and if there are any other wireless
devices configured (but not necessarily plugged in)?

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558