F1 2010...

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
January 10, 2011 4:13:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

Would like to know that how many of you guys are playing F1 2010... I have some doubts that i would like to clarify.

More about : 2010

January 10, 2011 5:27:35 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
Hi Everyone,

Would like to know that how many of you guys are playing F1 2010... I have some doubts that i would like to clarify.

Don't have it, although I'd like to pick it up at some stage. What kind of doubts?
January 10, 2011 6:38:57 AM

I had some doubts about gamepads.
Related resources
January 10, 2011 1:44:33 PM

I have it but haven't played it yet (bloody steam sale!)

What questions do you have? I can give it a whizz tonight or later in the week.
January 10, 2011 2:22:07 PM

Playing with a Keyboard is just not the way to tackle the game. Its damn tough! I was just thinking that does the Rumblepad F510 support the game or not? I am willing to buy it.

A gamepad just for one game... silly! :) 
January 10, 2011 3:18:15 PM

hell_storm2004 said:
Playing with a Keyboard is just not the way to tackle the game. Its damn tough! I was just thinking that does the Rumblepad F510 support the game or not? I am willing to buy it.

A gamepad just for one game... silly! :) 

If anything grab a wired usb xbox 360 controller, easily the best game-pad solution available right now for pc, many of the games recognize the button designations (console ports among others). Works like a charm I use it for Need For Speed Shift, Dirt 2, NBA 2k11, Batman AA, Just Cause 2....I would say that batman aa and just cause 2 are much easier to control with keyboard/mouse but if you want to sit back with a big tv and a controller then its fun....

Wired USB Xbox 360 controller (Black) 29.99 + Free Shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

at least microsoft finally made these things super compatible from my experiences, if you wanna play crysis (with a severe handicap) then you can use it for that game too! I have three of these controllers and they log in player 1,2,3 just like the 360 console. I'm sure it would work great for F1 and for me personally this is the best controller/gamepad ever made so far
January 11, 2011 6:47:06 AM

The analog joystick of the XBox controller is positioned weirdly! I like the joysticks to be placed at the center. I am used to playing that way. My cheapo gamepad died last week! I hardly had used it.

Plus the Rumblepad F510 is one of the best Logitech have along with the F710 (wireless version). I have ordered one from eBay. Will take a long time to arrive. Have to curb my urge. :( 

Playing with HRT is another challenge! Its the most pathetic cars in the game! Started a new season with Virgin!
January 11, 2011 7:40:46 AM

It has a career mode, right? So you can progress to better teams if you have decent results? In that case, HRT is a complete waste... Not much of a prospect for career progression if you can't finish races!
January 11, 2011 8:02:07 AM

I have used my 360 pad in trackmania and it really does make a huge difference.

Yeah, I think I'll start my career in a car with a big enough fuel tank...

While we're on the topic, have you heard about the engine changes coming up? 1.6l turbos. There's also talk of changing the cars so that more downforce is generated from the floor and less from the wings to improve grip when following another car. exciting times are afoot!
January 11, 2011 8:05:17 AM

Jip, I read some articles on the proposed 2013 regulations. For now, I'm just hoping 2011 will serve up another closely-fought battle.
January 11, 2011 8:10:54 AM

2011 would be better. Its kinda strange Red Bull being such a new team, pushing the others to the limit! I am pitting Webber this time!
January 11, 2011 8:18:43 AM

Interesting argument, that one. Red Bull are not really a new team. Sir Jackie Stewart founded Stewart F1 in 1997, which was then bought by Ford in 2000 and became Jaguar Racing, which was in turn bought by Red Bull in 2005. Thus, Red Bull actually started with a complete team as opposed to building everything from scratch.

Having said that, going from stragglers to champions in just five years is quite remarkable. I think Adrian Newey's technical input has been invaluable.
January 11, 2011 9:23:54 AM

I know they are not new... Red Bull just took over an existing team. But before that they had nothing to talk about and now they have 2 drivers in the top 3! Wonderful. Even Ross Brawn's Brawn GP made is good in the 2009 season and that team had nothing much to talk about as well. Looks like the established teams like McLaren and Ferrari is up against the wall now.
January 11, 2011 9:27:14 AM

Never write McLaren and Ferrari off.. They have too many experienced people and too much F1 know-how to fall behind for long.
January 11, 2011 10:30:24 AM

Not counting them out. But definitely they have a stiff challenge. Previously they were something like a big fish in small pond!
January 11, 2011 10:53:25 AM

No. McLaren and Ferrari have had their lean times in the past. Ferrari were without a World Champion for 21 years, but they bounced back. McLaren have had similar lean times - Mansell's last season in F1, with them, was an embarassment.
January 11, 2011 10:56:53 AM

Yeah. McLaren have had some tough times in the past. Its only when Mika Hakinnen was driving for them they did great! Wonder why he retired. He was a wonderful driver. Isn't is surprising that so many drivers come out from Finland?? Most popular countries would be Brazil, Finland and Germany. I think they have the most participation in F1. England after that!
January 11, 2011 11:23:20 AM

Historically, not many Finns achieve success in F1, although they tend to do well in rallying. Mika Hakkinen was only the second Finn to win the F1 title after Keke Rosberg, with Raikkonen the third.

I saw a Top Gear Episode featuring Mika that clarifies this a bit. Advanced driving training is very much part of Finnish culture, and people become skilled from a very young age. The main reason for this is the dangerous road conditions in Finland, what with snow and ice and all that. Many folks even maintain their own racing cars, and take part in rallies over the weekends. As a result, not many young Finns end up in single-seater racing, although that seems to be changing.
January 11, 2011 11:25:11 AM

Ijack said:
No. McLaren and Ferrari have had their lean times in the past. Ferrari were without a World Champion for 21 years, but they bounced back. McLaren have had similar lean times - Mansell's last season in F1, with them, was an embarassment.

Or, more to the point, it would have been an embarrassment had Mansell been able to fit in the car... As it was, he only competed in a handful of races.
January 11, 2011 11:29:27 AM

While we're on the subject: Is F1 2010 any good? I haven't owned an F1 game since Geoff Crammond's GP2 and GP3, although I played GP4 with friends quite a bit. Those were brilliant games, very realistic. I hate it when F1 games feel like arcade racers.
January 11, 2011 11:41:57 AM

Its not good. Its awesome! Very very addictive. See i am buying a gamepad just for one game. Its addictive coz its tough! Only way out is practice.

It beats any racing games i have played in my life for sure.
January 11, 2011 2:03:08 PM

I'll really have to get cracking before the season starts!

Speaking of comebacks, how long before we see Williams return to form?
January 11, 2011 2:17:34 PM

mi1ez said:
I'll really have to get cracking before the season starts!

Speaking of comebacks, how long before we see Williams return to form?

They'll need a) a bigger budget or b) a serious technical breakthrough before they become competitive again. The ban on electronic driver aids in the mid 90's hit them harder than most, and lately they just haven't had the resources to develop their (quite decent) cars at the pace of the front-runners.
January 11, 2011 2:38:29 PM

Williams-Cosworth?? Not a chance. Somehow the Cosworth engines seems crap. Only the lower finishing teams seem to use it...
!