Framerates

patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

Can someone tell me the console command to display the framerate while in
single-play on Doom3 Resurrection of Evil? I know about the Timedemo
command, but I want to monitor the FPS while playing the game. I also know
about the program Fraps, but it doesn't work for me on "Resurrection of
Evil". (It works fine on Doom3) I contacted the author of Fraps & he says
he's checking into the problem.

Thanks

"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Can someone tell me the console command to display the framerate while in
>single-play on Doom3 Resurrection of Evil? I know about the Timedemo
>command, but I want to monitor the FPS while playing the game. I also know
>about the program Fraps, but it doesn't work for me on "Resurrection of
>Evil". (It works fine on Doom3) I contacted the author of Fraps & he says
>he's checking into the problem.

Strange. I just tried it (Fraps + RoE) and it works for me.

--
sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
@comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!

On 6/23/2005 8:44 AM Patch brightened our day with:

>Can someone tell me the console command to display the framerate while in
>single-play on Doom3 Resurrection of Evil? I know about the Timedemo
>command, but I want to monitor the FPS while playing the game. I also know
>about the program Fraps, but it doesn't work for me on "Resurrection of
>Evil". (It works fine on Doom3) I contacted the author of Fraps & he says
>he's checking into the problem.
>
>Thanks

com_showFPS 1

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 6/23/2005 8:44 AM Patch brightened our day with:
>
>>Can someone tell me the console command to display the framerate while in
>>single-play on Doom3 Resurrection of Evil? I know about the Timedemo
>>command, but I want to monitor the FPS while playing the game. I also know
>>about the program Fraps, but it doesn't work for me on "Resurrection of
>>Evil". (It works fine on Doom3) I contacted the author of Fraps & he says
>>he's checking into the problem.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

> com_showFPS 1
>
> --
> "I don't feel tardy"
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

For some reason that console command doesn't work for me. I also tried it in
D3, didn't work there either.

"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>> On 6/23/2005 8:44 AM Patch brightened our day with:
>>
>>>Can someone tell me the console command to display the framerate while in
>>>single-play on Doom3 Resurrection of Evil? I know about the Timedemo
>>>command, but I want to monitor the FPS while playing the game. I also
>>>know about the program Fraps, but it doesn't work for me on "Resurrection
>>>of Evil". (It works fine on Doom3) I contacted the author of Fraps & he
>>>says he's checking into the problem.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>> com_showFPS 1
>>
>> --
>> "I don't feel tardy"
>>
>> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
>> www.inglostadt.com
>
> For some reason that console command doesn't work for me. I also tried it
> in D3, didn't work there either.

You must be doing something wrong mate, because that's defiantly the
command. You're putting in the underscore?

patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@Woooooooo.com> wrote in message
> "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>>> On 6/23/2005 8:44 AM Patch brightened our day with:

>>> com_showFPS 1
>>>
>>> --
>>> "I don't feel tardy"
>>>
>>> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
>>> www.inglostadt.com
>>
>> For some reason that console command doesn't work for me. I also tried it
>> in D3, didn't work there either.
>
> You must be doing something wrong mate, because that's defiantly the
> command. You're putting in the underscore?
>I have tried it several times. The game is patched to ver 1.3 if that makes
>a difference. All other console commands work.

Patch wasted my time on 6/23/2005 7:18 PM with the following:
> "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@Woooooooo.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message

>>>For some reason that console command doesn't work for me. I also tried it
>>>in D3, didn't work there either.
>>
>>You must be doing something wrong mate, because that's defiantly the
>>command. You're putting in the underscore?
>>I have tried it several times. The game is patched to ver 1.3 if that makes
>>a difference. All other console commands work.

1) Please don't put your reply in the comment, it makes it harder to read

2) Try typing com and pressing tab in the console. It should come up.
You must be typing it wrong because com_showFPS is a valid cvar.

You could always try adding seta com_showFPS 1 to your DoomConfig.cfg or
autoexec.cfg and doing it that way.

You could also add bind F10 toggle com_showFPS to either of those cfgs
to make f10 toggle the fps on and off (I use this, so I know it works)

--
-SnoopJeDi

On 6/23/2005 9:53 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:

> Patch wasted my time on 6/23/2005 7:18 PM with the following:
>
>> "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@Woooooooo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> You must be doing something wrong mate, because that's defiantly the
>>> command. You're putting in the underscore?
>>> I have tried it several times. The game is patched to ver 1.3 if
>>> that makes a difference. All other console commands work.
>>

> 1) Please don't put your reply in the comment, it makes it harder to read
>
> 2) Try typing com and pressing tab in the console. It should come up.
> You must be typing it wrong because com_showFPS is a valid cvar.
>
> You could always try adding seta com_showFPS 1 to your DoomConfig.cfg
> or autoexec.cfg and doing it that way.
>
> You could also add bind F10 toggle com_showFPS to either of those cfgs
> to make f10 toggle the fps on and off (I use this, so I know it works)

Me too, but I use F4.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 6/23/2005 9:53 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:
>
>> Patch wasted my time on 6/23/2005 7:18 PM with the following:
>>
>>> "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@Woooooooo.com> wrote in message

>> 1) Please don't put your reply in the comment, it makes it harder to read
>>
>> 2) Try typing com and pressing tab in the console. It should come up.
>> You must be typing it wrong because com_showFPS is a valid cvar.
>>
>> You could always try adding seta com_showFPS 1 to your DoomConfig.cfg or
>> autoexec.cfg and doing it that way.
>>
>> You could also add bind F10 toggle com_showFPS to either of those cfgs to
>> make f10 toggle the fps on and off (I use this, so I know it works)
>>
> Me too, but I use F4.
>
> --
> "I don't feel tardy"
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Mystery solved. That console command only works if the res is at least
800x600. I was running 640x480. Fraps now works as well.

On 6/24/2005 6:56 AM Patch brightened our day with:

>"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>

>>On 6/23/2005 9:53 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:
>>

>>>Patch wasted my time on 6/23/2005 7:18 PM with the following:

>>>1) Please don't put your reply in the comment, it makes it harder to read
>>>
>>>2) Try typing com and pressing tab in the console. It should come up.
>>>You must be typing it wrong because com_showFPS is a valid cvar.
>>>
>>>You could always try adding seta com_showFPS 1 to your DoomConfig.cfg or
>>>autoexec.cfg and doing it that way.
>>>
>>>You could also add bind F10 toggle com_showFPS to either of those cfgs to
>>>make f10 toggle the fps on and off (I use this, so I know it works)
>>>

>>Me too, but I use F4.
>>
>>--
>>"I don't feel tardy"
>>
>>Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
>>www.inglostadt.com
>>

>Mystery solved. That console command only works if the res is at least
>800x600. I was running 640x480. Fraps now works as well.

I haven't played a game at 640x480 since the 1990s.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com