Closed Solved

Battefield:BC2 frame hang/jitter

Hi,
I am running an intel q6600 quad core @ 2.4ghz along with 2GB ddr2, and an nvidia 7900gtx all on XP home 32 bit.
I own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and when i play the game, it will run smoothly for a couple seconds and then hangs for half a second before going smoothly again and then hanging at varying intervals. I turned the graphics and resolution options all the way down and it still hung like that. the CPU was at like %70 ish. Now I can run other (albeit not the newest) games near max settings, even with AA, so i don't know why this one won't do lowest. I know it is a video card bottleneck, but is there something else weird going on? this is not normal consistent low frame rates, it;s like intermittent hiccups or something. and I do have the latest drivers.
please help,
thanks
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about battefield frame hang jitter
  1. Best answer
    wow, you're still using that ancient card O.o
    Just upgrade , and you will be a happy man ;)
    and also try overclocking that cpu....
  2. darkchazz said:
    wow, you're still using that ancient card O.o
    Just upgrade , and you will be a happy man ;)
    and also try overclocking that cpu....

so if i OC the cpu to like 3.0ghz and run with a gts 450, that be good?
  3. depends on your resolution. I'd also add another 2gig ram......... 32 bit or not. video card is one problem, texture swapping is another.
    A full or improperly maintained HD will also cause you problems.
  4. If you want to play BFBC2 with playable framerates you should be looking to do the following::::: Overclock your cpu (and honestly start saving for a replacement), get 64 bit win 7, get another 2 gig of ram or replace all of it with 4 gigs of dual channel ram (if you are going for a new build might as well upgrade to ddr3, 4 gigs can be had for around 50 bucks right now, next upgrade your gpu to something like a hd 6850 or gtx 460..... you can go for a higher end gpu but your processor will most likely not be taking advantage of all of its power.. you have gotten a lot of mileage out of your previous gpu so its time for an upgrade and your graphics and framerates will be greatly improved
  5. Best answer selected by zaknafiend.
  6. geez next time I will just write a few vague lines and hope for the best :(
  7. jjb8675309 said:
    geez next time I will just write a few vague lines and hope for the best :(

haha no hard feelings dude, those were great recommendations for a new build, but this was not low framerates like usual, I did all lowest settings ona 8800gt and still got it sometimes. and yes, I realize the guy with the best answer basically said the same thing very vaguely but he was also first. hope a new vid card will fix this problem.
    thanks all!
  8. zaknafiend said:
    haha no hard feelings dude, those were great recommendations for a new build, but this was not low framerates like usual, I did all lowest settings ona 8800gt and still got it sometimes. and yes, I realize the guy with the best answer basically said the same thing very vaguely but he was also first. hope a new vid card will fix this problem.
    thanks all!

no worries, I just quit cigs the other day so I think I was a little on edge, lol, hope your problems are solved
  9. jjb8675309 said:
    no worries, I just quit cigs the other day so I think I was a little on edge, lol, hope your problems are solved

haha no prob, and grats!
  10. lol alright I'll be more detailed next time :|
  11. darkchazz said:
    lol alright I'll be more detailed next time :|

sorry bro im happy that you can accumulate some stats... have a good weekend
  12. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games