Battefield:BC2 frame hang/jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaknafiend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hi,
I am running an intel q6600 quad core @ 2.4ghz along with 2GB ddr2, and an nvidia 7900gtx all on XP home 32 bit.
I own Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and when i play the game, it will run smoothly for a couple seconds and then hangs for half a second before going smoothly again and then hanging at varying intervals. I turned the graphics and resolution options all the way down and it still hung like that. the CPU was at like %70 ish. Now I can run other (albeit not the newest) games near max settings, even with AA, so i don't know why this one won't do lowest. I know it is a video card bottleneck, but is there something else weird going on? this is not normal consistent low frame rates, it;s like intermittent hiccups or something. and I do have the latest drivers.
please help,
thanks

zaknafiend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

so if i OC the cpu to like 3.0ghz and run with a gts 450, that be good?

If you want to play BFBC2 with playable framerates you should be looking to do the following::::: Overclock your cpu (and honestly start saving for a replacement), get 64 bit win 7, get another 2 gig of ram or replace all of it with 4 gigs of dual channel ram (if you are going for a new build might as well upgrade to ddr3, 4 gigs can be had for around 50 bucks right now, next upgrade your gpu to something like a hd 6850 or gtx 460..... you can go for a higher end gpu but your processor will most likely not be taking advantage of all of its power.. you have gotten a lot of mileage out of your previous gpu so its time for an upgrade and your graphics and framerates will be greatly improved

zaknafiend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

haha no hard feelings dude, those were great recommendations for a new build, but this was not low framerates like usual, I did all lowest settings ona 8800gt and still got it sometimes. and yes, I realize the guy with the best answer basically said the same thing very vaguely but he was also first. hope a new vid card will fix this problem.
thanks all!

no worries, I just quit cigs the other day so I think I was a little on edge, lol, hope your problems are solved

Status
Not open for further replies.