In-Network now includes Extended Network partners!

I did some poking around at the VZW Web site (looking at the In-Network
coverage map), and, as suggested by the new PRL changes, with a handful
of exceptions, roaming on Extended Network systems is now part of
In-Network coverage. No big announcement; just the updated maps.

In article <1D%5d.2084$JG2.1849@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
hoch@exemplary.invalid (CharlesH) wrote:

> I did some poking around at the VZW Web site (looking at the In-Network
> coverage map), and, as suggested by the new PRL changes, with a handful
> of exceptions, roaming on Extended Network systems is now part of
> In-Network coverage. No big announcement; just the updated maps.

So do we have to *228 to get this, get a new contract, or will it just
happen automatically?

_KC_

"jadder" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> In article <1D%5d.2084$JG2.1849@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
> hoch@exemplary.invalid (CharlesH) wrote:
>
> > I did some poking around at the VZW Web site (looking at the In-Network
> > coverage map), and, as suggested by the new PRL changes, with a handful
> > of exceptions, roaming on Extended Network systems is now part of
> > In-Network coverage. No big announcement; just the updated maps.
>
> So do we have to *228 to get this, get a new contract, or will it just
> happen automatically?

Depends on what plan you have and what area you are in. If you have
America's Choice plan, you get it automatically. They do want you to update
your PRL but its not required, just recommended.

KC

In article <L106d.1980$ls6.1077@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
_KC_ <kc@kc.com> wrote:

>"jadder" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> In article <1D%5d.2084$JG2.1849@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
>> hoch@exemplary.invalid (CharlesH) wrote:
>>
>> > I did some poking around at the VZW Web site (looking at the In-Network
>> > coverage map), and, as suggested by the new PRL changes, with a handful
>> > of exceptions, roaming on Extended Network systems is now part of
>> > In-Network coverage. No big announcement; just the updated maps.
>>
>> So do we have to *228 to get this, get a new contract, or will it just
>> happen automatically?
>

>Depends on what plan you have and what area you are in. If you have
>America's Choice plan, you get it automatically. They do want you to update
>your PRL but its not required, just recommended.

From the discussion over in HowardForums, if you are on AC, you
automatically have the new deal, but you have to update your PRL to get
the new roam indicators, and some priorities have been tweaked to favor
the providers they have the In-Nework deal with. For local plans, only
new plans will have the new deal, due to coverage changes. What I'm not
sure of is what has happened to the non-preferred providers previously
included in local plans (as is the case in CA/NV). Local Digital Choice
here at least used to be like a regional version of Single Rate National.

Charles,
I, too, was concerned about the Local plans, but they seem to have the same
coverage. I am mostly looking at our 5-state Rocky Mountain region. There
are a handful of mistakes, but some of the oddball roaming carriers who are
not part of AC, are still shown on the Local IN plans.

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

"CharlesH" <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote in message
> What I'm not
> sure of is what has happened to the non-preferred providers previously
> included in local plans (as is the case in CA/NV). Local Digital Choice
> here at least used to be like a regional version of Single Rate National.

_KC_

"CharlesH" <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <L106d.1980$ls6.1077@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> _KC_ <kc@kc.com> wrote:
> >
> >"jadder" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message

In-Network

> >> So do we have to *228 to get this, get a new contract, or will it just
> >> happen automatically?
> >

> >Depends on what plan you have and what area you are in. If you have
> >America's Choice plan, you get it automatically. They do want you to
update
> >your PRL but its not required, just recommended.
>
> From the discussion over in HowardForums, if you are on AC, you
> automatically have the new deal, but you have to update your PRL to get
> the new roam indicators, and some priorities have been tweaked to favor
> the providers they have the In-Nework deal with. For local plans, only
> new plans will have the new deal, due to coverage changes. What I'm not
> sure of is what has happened to the non-preferred providers previously
> included in local plans (as is the case in CA/NV). Local Digital Choice
> here at least used to be like a regional version of Single Rate National.

There wasn't any coverage changes on my local plan, LDC Carolinas, so no
plan change is required for the new In-Net coverage.

KC