Sign in with
Your question

Jumping out of game to desktop

Last response: in Video Games
January 11, 2011 10:42:30 AM

Hello,is there any software for windows 7 that will jump you straight back to the desktop at the press of a (designated) button whilst a game is running.escape rarely works and ctrl+alt+del doesn't work for many games.
thanks

More about : jumping game desktop

a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 11, 2011 11:02:08 AM

Can't you just alt-tab out of it?
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2011 12:06:58 PM

Jip, Alt-Tab always works. It's the standard Windows shortcut for switching between running applications, been around for ages.
Related resources
January 11, 2011 3:37:23 PM

alt-tab
ctrl-alt-delete
or the pain in my side ...the dreaded Windows button. You alway hit it when you're about to frag someone.
January 11, 2011 5:56:24 PM

thanks,
I'll try alt-tab next time one of the kiddies enters the room and i don't want them seeing me
mowing down baddies with a machine gun.
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2011 5:43:08 AM

ashpah101 said:
thanks,
I'll try alt-tab next time one of the kiddies enters the room and i don't want them seeing me

Very thoughtful of you. :)  You might get mowed down by said baddies though, since the game will keep on running in the background...
January 12, 2011 6:27:01 AM

ashpah101 said:
thanks,

Herr_Koos said:
Very thoughtful of you. :)  You might get mowed down by said baddies though, since the game will keep on running in the background...

:D - At least thoughtful of his kiddies . ;) 
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2011 6:29:05 AM

55Range said:
:D - At least thoughtful of his kiddies . ;) 

True, that's the important thing.
January 12, 2011 10:53:04 AM

yeah,
but if i can pause the game and jump out to desktop - then i can carry on saving the world when the kiddies have left the room!

a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2011 10:57:12 AM

ashpah101 said:
yeah,
but if i can pause the game and jump out to desktop - then i can carry on saving the world when the kiddies have left the room!

You'd better practise that move a few times to make sure you can do it in five seconds flat. Maybe less if the game has a quicksave feature.
!