Sign in with
Your question

Games like assassins creed

Last response: in Video Games
January 11, 2011 11:35:29 AM

hi, assassin's creed is one of the best games that most of us played and i was wondering why they dont make games like assassins creed (not exactly the same) but the same idea or like (Xena).....like fighting with a sword and knife horses etc...
that's much better than the weird games (aliens and other wierd games) :pt1cable: 

what you think

More about : games assassins creed

January 11, 2011 3:20:33 PM

Have you ever played Thief: Deadly Shadows? This game and it's precursors were kind of the spark that eventually led to the Assassins creed games. It was before the free-running craze took hold. It's 1st and 3rd person and uses the UT 2004 engine I believe. Graphics are not bad considering how old it is. It plays alot like the Splinter Cell games in that staying in the shadows and sneaking are the most important skills. Unlike the current running around in broad daylight fighting everyone. I recently re-installed it after playing AC:brotherhood and was impressed by how well this game has aged and how good the graphics and AI are holding up. You should give it a try. Steam probably has it for $5 and you could always get a demo first.
January 11, 2011 3:59:19 PM

alienzander76

that's what im talking about sneaking and things like that...we want more games like thief deadly shadows and ac with good graphics
Related resources
January 11, 2011 4:04:25 PM

alienzander76 said:
Have you ever played Thief: Deadly Shadows? This game and it's precursors were kind of the spark that eventually led to the Assassins creed games. It was before the free-running craze took hold. It's 1st and 3rd person and uses the UT 2004 engine I believe. Graphics are not bad considering how old it is. It plays alot like the Splinter Cell games in that staying in the shadows and sneaking are the most important skills. Unlike the current running around in broad daylight fighting everyone. I recently re-installed it after playing AC:brotherhood and was impressed by how well this game has aged and how good the graphics and AI are holding up. You should give it a try. Steam probably has it for $5 and you could always get a demo first.

^+1

The entire Thief series was completely awesome. It does however take some work to get The Dark Project and The Metal Age to run properly on newer systems. Deadly Shadows should work fine on newer systems.
January 11, 2011 4:16:52 PM

Yes,
Yes, here's hoping that the sneaky silent Thief games make a comeback. Unfortunately the team that worked on Deadly Shadows split up. It recieved high ratings from reviewers but somehow didn't sell well. Probably due to lack of marketing.
Some of my greatest gaming memories were sneaking around in The dark project and Metal Age and listening to the well done ambient sounds and conversations taking place. It was a creepy setting and made you feel like you were really hiding. Of course these games used the same Dev crew that did System Shock 2 which, for it's time had one of the creepiest and immersive environments.
Some say that Bioshock was a spiritual successor to System Shock 2. I hope that another group picks up the Thief series and re-invents it. Of course we'd have to bring Garrett back as he's still one of the coolest characters in a game. I think we're also missing games today that have the cool steampunk design. Not many steampunk inspired games out there right now.
January 11, 2011 5:52:55 PM

waiting for a new release of tenchu if you remember it
January 11, 2011 6:35:39 PM

Damn Tenchu was the *** (atleast the one for PS1? as i remeber) you could make your own levels and sneaking was fun as hell
January 11, 2011 6:59:13 PM

yeah tenchu 1 was so amazing...imagine if they make it again with high graphics
January 11, 2011 7:54:51 PM

haha, yea that'd be sick, i know this is off topic but they might be making Halo 1/CE HD (higher graphics) which would be cool if they did that with alot of older games
January 11, 2011 7:57:33 PM

I never played Tenchu but reading about it on the web, I know i would've liked it. Also, I started remembering my adventures with the Hitman series. Those were good times. I really like the game mechanic of taking out a guard, hiding the body and then assuming his identity to infiltrate and assassinate a target. Even if the sudden appearance of a suspcious bald guy with a barcode tattoo suddenly showing up was silly, it was still fun.
January 14, 2011 1:04:25 AM

hello everybody,
splinter09 is right about AC.But it depends upon the gamer.
Some may like AC but some may not.
The first element in the game should be the GAMEPLAY.
After-wards graphics n other things comes.
AC series have devastated gameplay as well as a unique n powerful story.
Thanks buddies..........
January 14, 2011 12:46:29 PM

hey geniusender when is the release date for ac brotherhood for pc?
January 14, 2011 2:49:32 PM

splinter09 said:
hey geniusender when is the release date for ac brotherhood for pc?

buddy it is planned to release on Feb 22, 2011 on PC.
January 14, 2011 6:14:05 PM

Oh yea thats gonna OWN!
January 14, 2011 7:41:53 PM

Yeah, it's sweet. I had fun with the ability to call in Assassin strikes when I was in tough situations. One is where Assassins come out of nowhere and kill all your enemies. The best one is a "hail of arrows" which is like off screen artillery everyone around you gets taken out by arrows. The wrist-musket and crossbow come into play more in this one.
Anonymous
June 22, 2011 8:45:36 PM

yead all of you above right i play assassins creed both three part i like them very much and now i am waiting for assassins creed revalation. i also enjoyed game like god hand.devil may cry. and now i am searching for game but i dnt find any best game on pc.
!