Sign in with
Your question

World of warcraft FPS drops with ultimate computer

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 12, 2011 4:09:20 AM

Yo everyone reading this and taking time to maybe come up with a solution for me.
Just some few weeks ago I decided to get a new computer since going hardcore pve raiding in World of Warcraft(Cataclysm).
I bought separates parts and started to build the computer myself:

AXP PowerSupply (PSU) 630W V. 2.20 SLI Ready

Asus - Socket 1366 - ATX Intel X58 (P6TD DELUXE) - DDR3 / PCI-E / SATA

Corsair 80GB Force Series F80 Intern SATA II 2.5" (SSD)
(Windows 7 + WoW installed here)

Corsair XMS3 Vengeance 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1X4GB) (CL9) (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 480 1536MB (GV-N480D5-15I-B) - PCI-E / 2xDVI

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz / 8MB / Socket 1366 (Boxed)
(Overclocked to 3.6GHz)

Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB (IntelliPower / 64MB Cache / SATA II / NCQ)

D-Link Nätverkskort DGE-528T 10/100/1000 (PCI)

I play with best graphic possible aswell as everything maxed which shouldnt be any problem whatsoever I think.
The problem I have is that I do FPS drop some few times in 10man raiding and way more often in 25man raiding. I really cant find the problem on my own since this is far the best computer I have add and I havnt had FPS drops with earlier worse computers. I have of course looked into the problem as much as I can and nothing else seems to be wrong.

Also when starting up programs its kinda get stuck for like 5 seconds and then it starts up.

Really looking forwards to some answers if you guys got some tips/solutions.

Thanks
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 12, 2011 4:15:40 AM

Just forgot to add some information while writing.
I usually have around 120+ FPS at anytime except when I FPS drop down to around 15-25 FPS and lagging *** and then back up again.
January 12, 2011 11:02:25 AM

Try a mem test and checking heat during load as that computer should annihilate anything WoW would throw at it.

What is looking into it as much as you can?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 12, 2011 12:36:58 PM

More or less the basics like drivers, malware searches and so on. I am not that good when it comes to computers so a memtest doesnt say that much to me.
I am using CoreTemp64 to check my CPU temperature which is at maximum around 70. My big brother who is way better than me at computers but isnt around at the time also did some 3dMark tests with some really good scores.

I would really appreciate with some information about how to run a mem test aswell as checking heat during load.
!