[SOLVED] MB 15 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The compact wired keyboard is very... well compact. Dimensions wise it is the same as the compact wireless keyboard, but you need to deal with a thin cord. Never an issue for me really. The keyboard is absolutely tiny, I love it because I have never needed to use the numberpa on the computer. Just is very annoying if you use Windows/Linux on the machine because it lacks a Print Screen button.

It's a very small keyboard, if you can tolerate a little cord I would go with it. (unless you intend to move it around, reason being that it would probably be easier as you do not have to change batteries and the wired keyboard has a USB hub.

halcyon

Splendid

Looking at the start date on that thread I have to say, "DooDoo"...unless there's something hidden in one of the comments that I overlooked. Marv, you're thinking there's going to be a release of a new MBP 15" despite that they just bumped the specs on the current form factor? Where'd you see that?

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Mac rumors i saw it in. What I did was stupid I bought a MBA 11inch with64 Gig yesterday and sold my MBP for one thousand dollars.Crazy right?marv

halcyon

Splendid

Not crazy at all! You have a much lighter yet still very capable ultra portable that the industry is trying to copy. I know the screen on your new blade is very sharp but is the resolution not a little hard on your eyes?

Congratulations on the new addition!

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Yes it is on the eyes especially my age.I like LION OS quite a bit.

halcyon

Splendid
You go that right. ...and with the 10.7.2 update is seems to perform pretty well. I'm liking it. One of the things I like about OS X is that as long as it run on your hardware it tends to run well on your hardware...even if the hardware is older. That's just my experience, other's mileage may vary.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Very easy to use LION OS I am at least content with this part not the MBA

halcyon

Splendid

Well, you could tell Apple that you fear the laptop is overheating and sometimes it shuts down. Sometimes it does shutdown, doesn't it? Doesn't it Marv?

halcyon

Splendid

In this day and age no one is going to really believe a girl is clueless, though...so good luck with that.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I presume your personality is shown through your responses.I love a wise ass with nothing backing it up.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

It does not shut down at all. I was at the apple store today and they tested it out for over 4 hours no fan noise at all.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

?

:/

Shame they wouldn't accept it as a return.

halcyon

Splendid

:heink: I would defend Dr. AMDfangirl but it might be seen as patronizing. Marv, seriously, do you think the noise is really abnormal or is it just that its significantly more audible than you're accustomed to?

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
When I had a Macbook 2,1 (Black) it would always exhbit a flickering display on min brightness when scrolling web pages, in the Apple store they never reproduced the problem because they set the brightness to max.

My point is Apple does a terrrible job of believing people.

What I did was I filmed the Macbook as evidence and they gave a refund. To prove it wasn't the camera, I showed another computer and it worked without flickering. I suggest video evidence.

It's fine, I'm here to 'foster postitve connections for the Linux/FreeBSD and Mac OS X communites' and to remove spam.

Apparently it's cheaper for unpaid mods to trawl through the internet than to buy filter technology. ;)

halcyon

Splendid

Video evidence with the audio captured of the improper fan noise may not be convincing, but it may be indeed worth a shot Marv. I'm not sure where you're located but its unfortunate you were not able to buy the Air at an actual Apple Store. They're pretty good about taking equipment back...trust me, I know. :p

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Temp i am living here in the Philippines where the customer service sucks completely. Apple is no big support either by calling them quite a bit.When I have my small desktop fan on the fan in the MBA you hardly hear it is blowing right on it. Without it the revs are 4500 watching flash shows on MSNBC. In the store no fan noise at all.

halcyon

Splendid

What's the ambient temperature like...quite warm? Phillipines...you lucky devil.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Temperature is about 80 degrees F everyday. Tropical weather all the time. I miss the states after 5 years here on and off. Apple checked out the MBA today and ran a lot of tests and they said the fan is working normal. This is the way the MBA works especially with a 64HD. I am trying to sell this after 7 days. Thanks marv

Status
Not open for further replies.