EverQuest 2 Getting Free-To-Play Starting August

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
@ eddieroolz "WoW is unstoppable at this point, but this is a nice change for those that play MMORPG

Did you just compare that crappy game WoW to eq2?
Electron eq2 Server: Antonia Bayle Fear the Bayle Rawr!!!!!!

veryed

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
So when will they follow with the original Everquest? I miss EQ but just can't justify the $15/month subscription fee.

prodigygamer

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
SOE is useless, WoW is like candy to a screaming child and UO came before them all.

EQ/EQ II is beneath Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, which gets no love from SOE and is in my opinion one of the best MMO's ever created, just a very bad launch.

SOE will not be getting anymore of my money once RIFT comes out (if it can deliver)

Can't wait for RIFT: Planes of Telara

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I agree with Prodigygamer, Vanguard is far superior to WoW and EQ, but high system requirements and poor launch killed the subs.

But imo best MMO out atm is Aion, everything about Aion is better than Vanguard, but that's saying a lot because VG:SOH is a very good MMORPG.

I wouldn't be caught dead playing WoW, how embarrassing. Or any low grade blizzard games for that matter lol. D3 and SCII fail hard lol.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]sicpric[/nom]So Everquest 1 is still $15/month, but EQ2 is free? Wow haha![/citation]
All kidding aside...I don't understand Why pay for EQ I when you can play for free? Granted you must (for some reason) want to play EQ at all.

G

The Free to Play thing for EQ2 doesn't give you access to all the game's content, you have to pay for the full game and the subscription fee for that.

The details for this are still in the works and alpha testing has begun, so how it all works is subject to change based upon community feedback.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Azriel4444[/nom]Huh, LOTRO or Evercrack? Which will be more fun to play for free?[/citation]

Having played both... LOTRO

However each have had significant changes since launch and LOTRO claims to be something "entirely new"... again...

Since you can play them for free, try them both and decide for yourself.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]veryed[/nom]So when will they follow with the original Everquest? I miss EQ but just can't justify the $15/month subscription fee.[/citation]
Same here. I momentarily reactivated (now deactivated again) my account I hadn't played on for 8 years just to try it out. Still some fun left in the old EQ, but not worth $15/mo. Makes me wonder how bad EQ2 numbers are if its still worthwhile to charge for EQ1 but not EQ2.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]razorblaze42[/nom]Did you just compare that crappy game WoW to eq2?Electron eq2 Server: Antonia Bayle Fear the Bayle Rawr!!!!!![/citation]

so he compaired a crappy game to a crappy game so what. :p

Conner Macleod

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]intershield[/nom]WoW looks like DX8 grafx[/citation]

Only if you have an old system with all the settings turned to the lowest quality. On high-end systems with all the graphics maxed out the game looks amazing. Of course this is true for many games, the graphics depend on your machine, it isn't typically a fault with the game itself.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Conner Macleod[/nom]Only if you have an old system with all the settings turned to the lowest quality. On high-end systems with all the graphics maxed out the game looks amazing. Of course this is true for many games, the graphics depend on your machine, it isn't typically a fault with the game itself.[/citation]

Guess that depends on your opinion of amazing... i never saw anything in wow period that was amazing really. other then how amazed i was that blizzard makes so much money off that crap.

drakaun

Distinguished
May 22, 2007
Im glad they have an option for FTP model,while leaving the P2P model.I dont play any FTP models.I would rather pay a measly 15 a month and have all the content.Instead of being nickle and dimed to death to have all the conent.I dont want part of the game.Although this is not coming from experiance in FTP,I have none.Maybe some day I will try one and see just how much free is in FTP :)

As far as WoW has amazing graphics.I tried WoW over a month ago to see what thfuss was about for the game.I had the graphics maxed out.It does not take a high end system to run PS2 textures lol.I can not get past the cartoons,Im sorry.Maybe the game is good.But graphics is part of the experiance for me in games.If I didnt care about graphics I would just go back to console and save money on hardware.I made it for about 45 mins or so,I tried.

When I played AION for the first time,I almost could not bare the textures in it.They are better than WoW.The art form is nice in AION,the graphics are barely tolerable.

Maybe the reason WoW has such a large player base is because,one its probably has good gameplay,two,teh graphics required to run the game,make any POS PC able to run blocky textures.So it allows a larger audiance to play it.

Anyone that says WoW's graphics are amazing.You need your head and eyes checked.Maybe you should unplug from VR(WoW) and play other games,so you can see there graphics are way out of date compared to whats on the market now.My daughter wants to play that game,I refuse to let her because it seems that MMO has a very high addiction rate comared to other MMO's.Ive read some stupid shit kids would do.MMO's are addictive to begin with.I have to unplug and get back to real life too.

Im glad for people that graphics dont matter in games to them.I wish it did not matter to me.But it is part of the immersion for me.Ecspecially for FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.