i have windows 7 and all of a sudden when trying to start nfs 2011. a error message game up saying. nfs11.exe - bad image
C:\windows\system32\d3dx9_42.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
on seeing this i tried reinstalling the game and got the same error. i tried to start f1 2010, same error, try installing dirt n got the same error when it comes to starting the game and with street fighter and batman. batman, f1 and hot pursuit were games that i had already had on the PC and were playing and all of a sudden this error comes. now no games wont play wen finish installed. the only games i have that were already installed that work properly are nba 2k11, fifa 11 and gta 4. can someone help me because this error is stopping me from playing any new games and limiting me to these 3 games. i already have the newest update for direct x and all mi windows software are up to par as i recently had a update installed.
There are several ways that d3dx9_42.dll errors can show up on your computer. Several of the more common specific d3dx9_42.dll error messages are listed below:
* "D3dx9_42.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."
* "D3dx9_42.DLL Not Found"
* "File d3dx9_42.dll not found"
* "The file d3dx9_42.dll is missing"
D3dx9_42.dll errors appear when a game or other software program is started.
Cause of D3dx9_42.dll Errors
D3dx9_42.dll issues are caused in one way or another by an issue with Microsoft DirectX.
The d3dx9_42.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows based games and advanced graphics programs, d3dx9_42.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Important Note: Do not download the d3dx9_42.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of excellent reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.
Note: If you've already downloaded d3dx9_42.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with these steps.
1. Restart your computer if you haven't yet done so.
The d3dx9_42.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.
2. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the d3dx9_42.dll not found error.
Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.
Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.
3. Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_42.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application DVD or CD. Usually, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc.
Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.
4. Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something might have happened to the files in the program that work with d3dx9_42.dll and a reinstall could do the trick.
5. Restore the d3dx9_42.dll file from the latest DirectX software package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_42.dll error, try extracting the d3dx9_42.dll individually from the DirectX downloadable package.
6. Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.
The d3dx9_42.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.
Any of Microsoft's operating systems since Windows 98 may be effected by d3dx9_42.dll and other DirectX issues. This includes Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.