rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
ATi i making a SDRAM chipset for the P4. Heck Intel Cant make sdram chipset till end of 2002 or early 2003. ATi step in the right spot, at the right time. Intel is helping ATi not anyone i see.

ATiNTEL vs NVindows

note: VIA sucks, welcome Micron to AMD land, Nvidia welcome to compete with Micron, VIA, SIS, ALi.

Cel 533 - 256mb sdram
15gb HD - ati radeon 32mb ddr (200/200)
SB live! mp3+ - win98 Beos

G

Lets all hope for an earthquake at the Via factory.

:smile:

Life is a lesson, you learn it when youre through

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Via isn't a real good company that you think. They make bad chipsets.

say a K6-2 w/ intel 430tx could beat a k6-2 w/ via mvp3

its the truth, its true its trus

Cel 533 - 256mb sdram
15gb HD - ati radeon 32mb ddr (200/200)
SB live! mp3+ - win98 Beos

G

Hi,

Maybe VIA chipsets have problems, but Intel has had major problems too (need I say "memory hub"?). I've got both Intel and AMD systems and love 'em both for their stability and flexibility. Let's not get into "my chipset's better than yours"...

Mootin

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The 820 was not a failure-it worked with the memory it was designed for-Rambus. The failure there was Intel trying to make it work with SDRAM. The chipset worked fine with Rambus. Intels REAL failure was the production of defective 1.13GHz PIII's.
VIA, on the other hand, has failure with features it IS DESIGNED to support. It' not like VIA had tried to make the chipset work with Rambus and failed, that would be understandable. Instead, it fails even with SDRAM!
The funny part is that at least Intel FIXED the problem! So MTH is resolved. How many of VIA's problems are resolved? If I buy a VIA board that has a chipset problem, will VIA replace it or purchase it from me? No, because ALL VIA chipsets have problems.

Suicide is painless...........

G

Yea, One of my budds owns a comp store, he says he had to stop selling Via cuz so many MoBos were comen back with probs.

TRENDING THREADS