RAID IDE ports on KT7-RAID

G

I have a KT7-RAID board running a Duron 700 overclocked to 805 by increasing the FSB to 115MHz (haven't unlocked the multiplier yet). I do not have 2 Hard Drives, and I am not using the RAID feature.

I tried putting a hard disk as the master drive on my primary RAID controller. That worked fine. Then I tried putting a 5x DVD-ROM as the slave drive on this controller. This caused my computer to re-boot upon loading windows. I tried formatting my hard drive (no data to loose yet) and re-installing windows. That didn't help. I then tried upgrading to the latest bios as of 1/16 (WW). Now my computer freezes after POST. I finally gave up and put my DVD-ROM on a different IDE channel. I had the same problem with my CD-R. Any ideas?

Also, will a graphite pencil work for connecting the L1 bridges? I haven't been able to get ahold of a conducting pen or led pencil. I've tried at Fries electronics and Radio Shack.

G

It states in the manual that you should not try and connect slower devices (ie cd-rom, burners, dvd) to the raid IDE ports. You must use the standard ATA/66 IDE ports for these which you seem to have already discovered.

A #2 pencil will have enough graphite in it to do the trick with the L1 bridges. Make sure you clean the heatsink and processor core CAREFULLY and apply some new thermal grease/compound before putting the HSF back on!