output of one antenna when other is off

My specific case is a Netgear WG302 with two ANT24D18s. The secondary is
turned off at the moment.

Does the total output of the WAP drop with one antenna off or is the
full transmit output sent thru the remaining antenna?

Larry
1 answer Last reply
More about output antenna

    "Larry Riffle" <spamtrap47@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > My specific case is a Netgear WG302 with two ANT24D18s. The
    secondary is
    > turned off at the moment.
    >
    > Does the total output of the WAP drop with one antenna off or is the
    > full transmit output sent thru the remaining antenna?
    >
    > Larry

    The two antennas are called diversety antennas. They are used to help
    reduce multipath interference. The AP selects the antenna with the
    best signal and uses the same one to transmit back to the client.
    Now...........the throughput may drop if using only one if you are
    having multipath interference but the total output remains the same.
    It only uses 1 antenna at a time and both will have the same output if
    they both have the same gain.

Wireless Wireless Access Internet Wireless Networking