On board or add on RAID

G

Sorry, I tried to delete this post. I thought the GA-6RX was an AMD CPU compatible board

Hello Everyone.

I hope to get some help. I'm planning my new video editing system and I want to have a RAID controller. I was originally looking at the ASUS KT7-RAID for an SDRAM base system. Now that DDR is coming available, the two new mobo i'm considering are the ASUS A7M266 with AMD761 northbrigde(no RAID onboard) and the Gigabyte's GA-6RX with VIA PRO266(onboard RAID).
Based on what I've read I think I will have better performance and less compatability problems with the A7M266 using a Promise FastTrack.

The only other issue I can think of is the fact that I will be using the Matrox RT2000 for the video editing. I will be contacting the matrox for compatibility issues prior to my purchase.

Any advice from you the all knowing experienced will be apreciatted.

Thanks, Patrick.

Take Care.
If money was no object, how could you spend it!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by crazy_mck on 01/25/01 08:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

smn198

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It shouldn't make any difference. I use a additional RAID controller but the advantage of using an integrated ine is that it should have been thouroughly tested with the board.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=1686" target="_new">System spec.</A> Ideas appreciated.

G

Thanks for the input.

Take Care.
If money was no object, how could you spend it!