Framerate and Mod question.

Thanks to everyone for turning me on to the Omega drivers. I've noticed
the game is smoother now. However, I was looking for some tips to
improve it even more.
With the new drivers the framerate is always on in the top right corner
is there a way to turn that off?

My framerate is anywhere from the upper 40's in well lit areas to the
low 60's in the darker areas. I have the 3D settings on "High
Performance" and the Overdrive enabled, and hardware accelation set on
high. Anyone got any ideas for more improvement without killing the detail?

I downloaded the mod that tapes the flashlight to your weapons. In the
read me text it states the following...

lace the included *.pk4-file into your Doom 3-base directory.

Or,

make a new folder in your Doom 3 directory, named "Cam's Doom 3 Mod" and
place the included *.pk4-file into that folder.
Now start the game and launch the mod in the Main Menu by klicking on
"Mods", "Cam's Doom 3 Mod" and "Load Mod"!

I've done both, but in the game it doesn't seem to see it. Any suggestions?

Radeon 9600 pro (256 MB)
P4 3.06ghz (2 CPU's)
512MB RAM

"N" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to everyone for turning me on to the Omega drivers. I've noticed
> the game is smoother now. However, I was looking for some tips to improve
> it even more.
> With the new drivers the framerate is always on in the top right corner is
> there a way to turn that off?

The drivers have nothing to do with your framerate counter. Bring down the
console and type "com_showFPS 0" - that should turn it off.

If the counter is yellow, you've left fraps open.

> My framerate is anywhere from the upper 40's in well lit areas to the low
> 60's in the darker areas. I have the 3D settings on "High Performance" and
> the Overdrive enabled, and hardware accelation set on high. Anyone got any
> ideas for more improvement without killing the detail?

You should be happy with this performance. Unless anybody has any wacky
suggestions to modifiy the config files of D3 directly, I think that's your
lot for basic config.

> I downloaded the mod that tapes the flashlight to your weapons. In the
> read me text it states the following...
>
> lace the included *.pk4-file into your Doom 3-base directory.
>
> Or,
>
> make a new folder in your Doom 3 directory, named "Cam's Doom 3 Mod" and
> place the included *.pk4-file into that folder.
> Now start the game and launch the mod in the Main Menu by klicking on
> "Mods", "Cam's Doom 3 Mod" and "Load Mod"!
>

> I've done both, but in the game it doesn't seem to see it. Any
> suggestions?

Is it actually recognised within the mod menu? If so, don't know what's
up..... if not, don't know what's up! Are you sure you're testing it
properly? For instance, there's a smell chance the mod doesn't include the
pistol, so if you're only testing it from the beginning of the game perhaps
you don't have the right weapons yet?

> Radeon 9600 pro (256 MB)
> P4 3.06ghz (2 CPU's)
> 512MB RAM

Booker T

The Berzerker wrote:
> "N" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks to everyone for turning me on to the Omega drivers. I've noticed
>>the game is smoother now. However, I was looking for some tips to improve
>>it even more.
>>With the new drivers the framerate is always on in the top right corner is
>>there a way to turn that off?
>

> The drivers have nothing to do with your framerate counter. Bring down the
> console and type "com_showFPS 0" - that should turn it off.
>
> If the counter is yellow, you've left fraps open.

It's yellow or red depending on what the framerate is. I'm used to it
now, so I'll just leave it.

>>My framerate is anywhere from the upper 40's in well lit areas to the low
>>60's in the darker areas. I have the 3D settings on "High Performance" and
>>the Overdrive enabled, and hardware accelation set on high. Anyone got any
>>ideas for more improvement without killing the detail?
>

> You should be happy with this performance. Unless anybody has any wacky
> suggestions to modifiy the config files of D3 directly, I think that's your
> lot for basic config.
>

>>I downloaded the mod that tapes the flashlight to your weapons. In the
>>read me text it states the following...
>>
>>lace the included *.pk4-file into your Doom 3-base directory.
>>
>>Or,
>>
>>make a new folder in your Doom 3 directory, named "Cam's Doom 3 Mod" and
>>place the included *.pk4-file into that folder.
>>Now start the game and launch the mod in the Main Menu by klicking on
>>"Mods", "Cam's Doom 3 Mod" and "Load Mod"!
>>

>>I've done both, but in the game it doesn't seem to see it. Any
>>suggestions?
>

> Is it actually recognised within the mod menu? If so, don't know what's
> up..... if not, don't know what's up! Are you sure you're testing it
> properly? For instance, there's a smell chance the mod doesn't include the
> pistol, so if you're only testing it from the beginning of the game perhaps
> you don't have the right weapons yet?

No, it doesn't see it on the mod menu. I don't know what I'm doing
wrong, I'm pretty far into the game. I've got everything except for the
BFG.