Netserver LX Pro Netraid card

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
March 28, 2005 4:50:08 PM

I have an LX Pro with a three channel HP Netraid card part number
D4943-60002.

I would like to update the firmware, but am unsure what the card
actually is.

Netraid 1, 3si etc.

Can anyone here help?

I have downloaded the Netraid and Netraid 3si update from HP, but on
both, the system reboots just after the floppy has loaded, all I can see
is netraid at the top of the screen, then it shuts down.

TIA

Tony
March 29, 2005 8:51:30 PM

"Tony Bennett" <tony.bennett@tbcomputing.com> wrote in message
news:D 28uhv$pqk$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> I have an LX Pro with a three channel HP Netraid card part number
> D4943-60002.
>
> I would like to update the firmware, but am unsure what the card
> actually is.
>
> Netraid 1, 3si etc.
>
> Can anyone here help?
>
> I have downloaded the Netraid and Netraid 3si update from HP, but on
> both, the system reboots just after the floppy has loaded, all I can see
> is netraid at the top of the screen, then it shuts down.
>
> TIA
>
> Tony

This is a Classic NetRAID, the new firmware ca be found at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Softwa...

Best regards

Johnny
Anonymous
a b α HP
March 30, 2005 2:09:08 AM

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 16:51 +0200, Johnny wrote:
> "Tony Bennett" <tony.bennett@tbcomputing.com> wrote in message
> news:D 28uhv$pqk$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> > I have an LX Pro with a three channel HP Netraid card part number
> > D4943-60002.
> >
> > I would like to update the firmware, but am unsure what the card
> > actually is.
> >
> > Netraid 1, 3si etc.
> >
> > Can anyone here help?
> >
> > I have downloaded the Netraid and Netraid 3si update from HP, but on
> > both, the system reboots just after the floppy has loaded, all I can see
> > is netraid at the top of the screen, then it shuts down.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Tony
>

> This is a Classic NetRAID, the new firmware ca be found at:
>
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Softwa...〈=English
>

> Best regards
>
> Johnny

Thanks Johnny, it upgraded fine, and having spent even more time with it
I moved it to PCI Bus 0 and now I can install Linux.

On SuSE9 I had to manually select the Megaraid old module, and all went
fine til the first reboot, when it could not find the root device.

Methinks either kernel 2.6 stinks, or Suse stinks, or God forbid - the
Netserver stinks!

BTW Centos 4 has no old Megaraid module.

Never had these problems with good old Proliants!

Thanks again

Tony
!