Laptop to Printer Only

Hi,

I have a Dell Laptop with wireless that that I simply want to connect
to a printer wirelessly. No Internet, etc.

What device do I need for this?

I want to use this at my camp where Internet is dial-up only. If there
is an option to add a modem to this, I'd be interested in that.

thanks,

dave
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop printer only

    whipp@jan.wvu.edu (Dave) wrote:
    >I have a Dell Laptop with wireless that that I simply want to connect
    >to a printer wirelessly. No Internet, etc.

    I dunno if any of the wireless print servers will do AdHoc networking,
    but that sounds like what you want, at least till we get to:

    >I want to use this at my camp where Internet is dial-up only. If there
    >is an option to add a modem to this, I'd be interested in that.

    The only device I know of currently that does Modem->WiFi is the
    http://www.wiflyer.com/ (website is down at the moment) aka
    http://alwaysonwireless.com/

    I've got one that I'm still fiddling with, haven't actually set it up
    and configured it yet, but it seems to have everything I want. You'd
    need to add a WiFi print server to it, or connect an Ethernet print
    server via cable...

    wireless print server?

    jojo

    Dave wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dell Laptop with wireless that that I simply want to connect
    > to a printer wirelessly. No Internet, etc.
    >
    > What device do I need for this?
    >
    > I want to use this at my camp where Internet is dial-up only. If there
    > is an option to add a modem to this, I'd be interested in that.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > dave

    You'll need a wireless access point & a wireless bridge / print server -
    belkin or netgear make decent enough ones. Install the printer drivers
    on your PC with the printer directly connected to the PC. If all works
    OK, connect the printer to the bridge / print server, connect the print
    server to the Access point (I.E. bridge this connection) you should
    (hopefully) then be able to print wirelessly. I have exactly this setup
    at home, with 4 PCs sharing 2 printers (located in the garage).

    Hope this Helps

    SandyBaby

Laptops Wireless Internet Printers Wireless Networking