MS Flight Sim

dyawn

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Does anyone have any tips for operating MS Flight Sim 2004:Century of Flight under win7 pro? I always have to tinker with the control settings before flight. Thanks.

pentium 4 3.2 GHz
radeon 4350
ch control yoke

dyawn

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Thanks for replying. Yes, the game does not remember my settings. Each time I want to play, I open Control Panel and select Programs. Then I select "Play programs made for older versions of windows." Then I have to go through the setup program and choose FS9 to start. The sim starts but when I select my flight, I do not have any control inputs. Then I go through the calibration procedures. Usually that has allowed me to continue but today I cannot even calibrate the controls. You would think that with all the brains working for Microsoft, they could do some mods to FS9 so it would work on Win7.

Any suggestions?

1) Locate the game's .exe file.
2) Right-click, Properties, select the Compatibility tab.
3) Enable Run as Administrator, and set compatibility mode for Windows XP. You can also try Disable Visual Themes.

That should do it. Let me know how it goes.

dyawn

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Thanks for your efforts but it seems that I have to reboot and calibrate each time if I want to have the flight controls operate properly. I can't just press the flight sim icon and expect it to work properly. Apparently the settings are not being saved. This is highly frustrating. Maybe one day there will be a version for Win7. Bye, and thanks again for you efforts.