CD writer plus on Pavilion 7955

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
March 29, 2005 12:10:22 AM

Hello and thank you in advance for any advice that you can pass on.

I have a Pavilion 7955 with the HP CD-WriterPlus drive. XP.

How can you tell if a drive is bad if you get inconsistent
performance? Someitmes the drive shows up on explorer, sometimes it
doesn't. Sometimes the light stays on after a cold start, sometimes
not. Most of the time the door won't open and the light stays on.

Just now everything seemed OK until I tried to burn a CD and the whole
thing just froze.

I have taken the power and data cabls off and reseated them. No
change.

Is is just time to get a new CD RW drive or is this fixable somehow?

Again - thank you and have a good one.

More about : writer pavilion 7955

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 3, 2005 4:06:56 AM

hi ,
have you tried a new data cable or different power cable ?
hope this helps ,
terry
!