DirectX not working i think

StrangeMaestro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I recently got my computer repaired and when it came back the only 2 fullscreen games I have aren't working. Ok so I tried to start Warcraft 3 (I'm a dota player, see) and a textbox came up saying that I needed to install DirectX 8.1 or higher, because I "don't have it" and that it's on the disk. I went to the Microsoft page and downloaded DirectX 9.0c and installed it but it still didn't work so I stuck in the cd, which consequently told me that a version more current than 8.1 was installed.

StrangeMaestro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
It's windows xp and they pretty much just ran an antivirus, got rid of some viruses. I did think that maybe they had made a mistake and deleted some of the directx stuff but the fresh install should have fixed that right?

StrangeMaestro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Ok well I have NOD antivirus and it can't find anything wrong with my computer, Warcraft isn't actually installed so I can't re-install it. dxdiag on the other hand, says that my 3D isn't working but i've already downloaded the newest driver 93.71 i think it was.

StrangeMaestro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
2.6Ghz pentium 4 processor, 1gb RAM, GeForce 4200 Ti video card and a P4PE ASUSTeK. Do you need anything else?
The error is "Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer."
And Dota is a map, so it working without WC3 would be like a map on COD or something working without the actual program.

StrangeMaestro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
No. I bought it and installed it one computer but that one broke and since you can't reuse the CD key and I've actually bought the game, I see no reason why I can't just transfer the game to my new computer.

OK, lets clear a few things up:

1) You cannot copy a game from one computer to the next and expect it to work. It has to be re-installed.
2) Your key can be used again, just not on multiple computers at the same time. If you still have your CD key, use your WC3 disc and re-install it. It should work fine.

Latest posts