Sign in with
Your question

Which games are best for MODDED servers

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2011 11:44:37 AM

I've been playing Half Life 2: Deathmatch's modded servers for a few days now, and it reminds me of playing Unreal Tournament mods about 10-12 years ago. I LOVE playing on servers with modified maps and settings.

My question is this: What games have the best modded servers? I'm most interested in FPS games. Thanks!

More about : games modded servers

January 19, 2011 2:56:50 AM

Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Spear Head. The new games suck because we don't have control over anything any more.
m
l
January 19, 2011 7:06:52 PM

I've heard that BF:BC2 does NOT have modded servers(yet) but Black Ops does?

Also, it seems that Valve is very friendly towards the PC community. So far from what I've gathered, L4D2 can be played on modded servers.

If anyone has anymore suggestions for games that have great multiplayer modding communities, please let me know! These developers need to stop screwing the PC market.
m
l
Related resources
January 28, 2011 11:52:29 PM

Does anyone know of any other games that support modded servers??
m
l
January 29, 2011 1:56:38 PM

Counter Strike scource has a bunch of modded servers.
m
l
January 29, 2011 9:00:32 PM

lemushroom said:
Counter Strike scource has a bunch of modded servers.

Yes, like I said, Valve seems very willing to let PC gamers do what they wish. I wish other developers would treat the platform with the same respect for users' wishes.
m
l
February 6, 2011 5:11:50 AM

Is there very little interest in modded servers? Is everyone happy playing the vanilla version, and then moving onto another $50 game??

Come on people, what are the best games for mods??
m
l
February 6, 2011 3:02:39 PM

UT3 has some fun ones although that game seems just about dead now.
m
l
February 7, 2011 1:58:44 AM

benski said:
UT3 has some fun ones although that game seems just about dead now.

I'll bet. Unreal Tournament was incredible for mods back in the day...

I have heard that L4D2 has modded servers so I'll definitely pick that up in 2 weeks when I get my new GPU.

Between black Ops and BFBC2, does anyone know which is the better game for mods? Hell, do these games even allow modded servers?
m
l
!