RoE SLOW LOAD

I'm about half way thru RoE and suddenly, I have a VERY SLOW LOAD time for
startup. I click the Doom3 icon and it starts within seconds. But
Resurrection now takes like 5 minutes before the splash screen even comes
up. The game plays fine after loading, but the wait is killin' me!

I tried to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall, no difference. Had about 50
games saved, tried deleting most of them, no help. This only started after
I was about half way thru the game.

Have NOT loaded 1.3 (not much for online play, don't want punkbuster running
rogues if not needed).

P4ht-3ghz
1gig ram
SATA-250gig hd with 80% free space
Radeon9600 256meg

Anyone else have this problem? Fixes?

FranticInFresno wasted my time on 7/13/2005 1:26 AM with the following:
> I'm about half way thru RoE and suddenly, I have a VERY SLOW LOAD time for
> startup. I click the Doom3 icon and it starts within seconds. But
> Resurrection now takes like 5 minutes before the splash screen even comes
> up. The game plays fine after loading, but the wait is killin' me!
>
> I tried to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall, no difference. Had about 50
> games saved, tried deleting most of them, no help. This only started after
> I was about half way thru the game.
>
> Have NOT loaded 1.3 (not much for online play, don't want punkbuster running
> rogues if not needed).
>
> P4ht-3ghz
> 1gig ram
> SATA-250gig hd with 80% free space
> Radeon9600 256meg
>
> Anyone else have this problem? Fixes?

You could try www.omegadrivers.net

They tend to fix a lot of Doom 3 Radeon prollems.

--
-SnoopJeDi

"FranticInFresno" <mostwanted@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm about half way thru RoE and suddenly, I have a VERY SLOW LOAD time for
> startup. I click the Doom3 icon and it starts within seconds. But
> Resurrection now takes like 5 minutes before the splash screen even comes
> up. The game plays fine after loading, but the wait is killin' me!

Only started half way through? That's a tough one then. Online Virus scan? I
recently had an executable modifying virus, and I'm really careful with what
I put on my system - still got on there somehow.

Noticed you're also getting a splash screen. Perhaps you should install the
latest patch to remove the cd-check/splash screen? It may include punk
buster, but you said it yourself, you're not a huge online fan.... so if you
don't use the game online then you have nothing to worry about in regard to
PB.

Besides, if you have an EAX (4?) compatible soundcard then you realy should
get the new patch. The effects really are good.