Sign in with
Your question

Sony is pissed!

Last response: in Video Games
January 19, 2011 5:39:32 PM

Ok first of all im not here to talk about free pirated games or anything so move along. I was just wondering if anyone else is following the news about Sony finding out that there system has be decompiled lol. Sony is so furious. Then I read today that Activision may shut down the COD servers because of all the hacking I guess. Man this war is getting intense. Activision is letting you send in your opened PS3 COD Black op's CD to get a brand new unopened version so you could trade in to get most your money back. This is rediculous. I never heard of such a thing. So glad I didn't buy Black Ops. Then to top it off Activision is blaming Sony for all of it haha. O man to funny

More about : sony pissed

February 3, 2011 9:16:42 AM

Lol, I regret purchasing my PS3 altogether.

Sony's online support service are horribly unreliable, and will pretty much request that you send your system to them no matter how small the issue.

Also, all of my friends' and family's Playstations have been coincidentally breaking at around the same times (roughly a year and a half after purchase).

Times like these I wish I had enough to fork over for an Xbox...
m
l
February 3, 2011 9:23:41 AM

War? Lmaoo .. its only a gaming console .. Sony rushed the PS3 out near the end because of the 360 and have tried their best to better them but so far, I don't think they have.

Fair enough their online access is free but I'd rather pay for it and have a better experience.
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2011 10:18:51 AM

well for the past few weeks every time i turn on my PS3 i must first wait for an update to install, its getting rediculous now.

As it is i game on the PC mostly. Now i dont touch the PS3 at all.
m
l
February 3, 2011 10:23:01 PM

yeah since there is hacked firmware now there is going to be bunch of updates
m
l
March 27, 2011 9:21:09 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experiences with the PS3. I have had my "fattie" PS3 since 2008 and it still runs like a champ. I did buy one of the PS3 Slims when they first came out because I wanted a 2nd PS3 in the house to do network games in my house and the Slim was had issues right out of the box. All I got was a green screen after the system would boot up and try to load a game. It would play movies with no problem, I ended up returning the machine for another "fattie" PS3.

On the other side of the fence my brother had his XBox 360 since 2007 and it still plays for him no issues, he is into heavy online gaming (Gears of War 2, Halo, Call of Duty MW, etc). It really is just a matter of luck on whether or not you end up getting a good system.

I also like to think that the enviroment plays an important role in the life of any electronics as well. In both my brothers and my house none of us smoke and we tell our friends to take their smokes outside, so there is no risk of smoke damage to the machines. We also have no pets so no worries about the systems sucking in a lot of pet hair/dander. I know I personally use a compressed air duster to blow dust away from the vents on my "fattie". Finally our machines are out in the open on sturdy platforms so they get maximum air flow to them and face little to no risk of falling.

Daniel_ said:
Lol, I regret purchasing my PS3 altogether.

Sony's online support service are horribly unreliable, and will pretty much request that you send your system to them no matter how small the issue.

Also, all of my friends' and family's Playstations have been coincidentally breaking at around the same times (roughly a year and a half after purchase).

Times like these I wish I had enough to fork over for an Xbox...

m
l
!