Manual configuration on Netgear WGR614?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
November 15, 2004 3:56:21 PM

Hey,

Anybody know what the URL is to do manual (rather than wizard-driven)
configuration on the Netgear WGR614? I need to configure it without
the wizard (no Internet connection) but all it wants to do is look for
an Internet connection to run the wizard.

Thanks.

hofo
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 12:26:49 AM

http://192.168.0.1 unless the IP has been changed. If it has been
changed, reset the WGR614 to its default settings.

hofo wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Anybody know what the URL is to do manual (rather than wizard-driven)
> configuration on the Netgear WGR614? I need to configure it without
> the wizard (no Internet connection) but all it wants to do is look for
> an Internet connection to run the wizard.
>
> Thanks.
>
> hofo
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 4:41:23 PM

www.routerlogin.com and www.routerlogin.net

On 15 Nov 2004 12:56:21 -0800, howard.fore@gmail.com (hofo) wrote:

>Hey,
>
>Anybody know what the URL is to do manual (rather than wizard-driven)
>configuration on the Netgear WGR614? I need to configure it without
>the wizard (no Internet connection) but all it wants to do is look for
>an Internet connection to run the wizard.
>
>Thanks.
>
>hofo
November 24, 2004 12:14:28 AM

> Hey,
>
> Anybody know what the URL is to do manual (rather than wizard-driven)
> configuration on the Netgear WGR614? I need to configure it without
> the wizard (no Internet connection) but all it wants to do is look for
> an Internet connection to run the wizard.
>
> Thanks.
>
> hofo

This can happen when using firmware Version 5.0_02 on the WGR614v4
with no internet connection. The URL to bypass the wizard you're
stuck at is:

"www.routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm"
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 11:13:49 AM

Has anyone had trouble re-connecting to the router for configuration.
I instaled the the router yesterday, configured it and was able to
connect to the internet, both wired and wireless, but when I tried to
conect to the router to change some of the settings, it said that the
address couldn't be found.

I reset the router and re-configured it with no problems. But when I
tried to reconnect to the configuration utility on the router, it again
said that it can't find the web page.

I've tried the raw address (192.168.0.1) and I've tried
www.routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm.

I can't figure out how to get back into the setup utility without
resetting the router every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike