Manual configuration on Netgear WGR614?

hofo

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002

Hey,

Anybody know what the URL is to do manual (rather than wizard-driven)
configuration on the Netgear WGR614? I need to configure it without
the wizard (no Internet connection) but all it wants to do is look for
an Internet connection to run the wizard.

Thanks.

hofo

http://192.168.0.1 unless the IP has been changed. If it has been
changed, reset the WGR614 to its default settings.

www.routerlogin.com and www.routerlogin.net

On 15 Nov 2004 12:56:21 -0800, howard.fore@gmail.com (hofo) wrote:

>Hey,
>
>Anybody know what the URL is to do manual (rather than wizard-driven)
>configuration on the Netgear WGR614? I need to configure it without
>the wizard (no Internet connection) but all it wants to do is look for
>an Internet connection to run the wizard.
>
>Thanks.
>
>hofo

> Hey,
>
> Anybody know what the URL is to do manual (rather than wizard-driven)
> configuration on the Netgear WGR614? I need to configure it without
> the wizard (no Internet connection) but all it wants to do is look for
> an Internet connection to run the wizard.
>
> Thanks.
>
> hofo

This can happen when using firmware Version 5.0_02 on the WGR614v4
with no internet connection. The URL to bypass the wizard you're
stuck at is:

"www.routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm"

Has anyone had trouble re-connecting to the router for configuration.
I instaled the the router yesterday, configured it and was able to
connect to the internet, both wired and wireless, but when I tried to
conect to the router to change some of the settings, it said that the
address couldn't be found.

I reset the router and re-configured it with no problems. But when I
tried to reconnect to the configuration utility on the router, it again
said that it can't find the web page.

I've tried the raw address (192.168.0.1) and I've tried
www.routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm.

I can't figure out how to get back into the setup utility without
resetting the router every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike