Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Xbox quit connecting to the internet

Last response: in Video Games
January 20, 2011 5:40:32 AM

I have been playing XBox Live with no problem. Suddenly I can't connect with my Airport router. I can get on with the neighbor's unsecured internet connection, but not mine. I've tried taking the password off the router. I've tried unplugging the modem, the router, and resetting my XBox to default settings to no avail.

My network shows up and it looks like I'm connected....but nothing. What could cause this and what should I do?

Best solution

January 22, 2011 1:27:34 PM

A lot of routers have a small button on the back, you can hold it in to do a reset of your router, which should set it back to stock settings as though you'd just bought it. Then you can reset it and test. If your connection does not work after that, you may need to look at a new router.
January 31, 2011 11:18:38 PM

ohiou_grad_06 said:
A lot of routers have a small button on the back, you can hold it in to do a reset of your router, which should set it back to stock settings as though you'd just bought it. Then you can reset it and test. If your connection does not work after that, you may need to look at a new router.

Thank you for your answer - strangely, it started working again without anything being changed. I don't believe it is the router, because the desktop, laptop, and PS/3 all work and worked fine. It was only the XBox that quit and it was picking up the neighbor's network instead, just fine.

Thanks again.
Score
Related resources
January 31, 2011 11:18:52 PM

Best answer selected by deguc6.
Score
February 2, 2011 4:34:22 AM

Just a note, if possible, you should wire the xbox to the router.
Score
February 2, 2011 5:24:56 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!