Pay over 3 grand per year, still get no love from verizon...

Last response: in Network Providers
September 30, 2004 3:28:16 AM

OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
bills.

My family member wanted "insurance" in his phone (i thought it was a
debatable feature, but hey it's his phone), so the bill has that added
on.

Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!

Now, my 2-year requirement finished months ago, so I can quit any time
(I am SO going to flip Verizon the bird). But the catch is, there are
numbers in that phone that my family member has ONLY in that phone,
and he apparently really needs them.

My main question:
I'm going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
LGs?

(Sprint, hear we come)
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 7:09:31 AM

usb data cable and bitpim.... but you must have the cheaper ins. because i
pay the 4.99 and whenever i feel my phone is doing something not right i
walk right in and they give me a phone in 15 minutes.

brian s.
"Beeblebrox" <sl1433@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
> between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
> bills.
>
> My family member wanted "insurance" in his phone (i thought it was a
> debatable feature, but hey it's his phone), so the bill has that added
> on.
>
> Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
> to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
> charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
> even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!
>
> Now, my 2-year requirement finished months ago, so I can quit any time
> (I am SO going to flip Verizon the bird). But the catch is, there are
> numbers in that phone that my family member has ONLY in that phone,
> and he apparently really needs them.
>
> My main question:
> I'm going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
> to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
> wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
> LGs?
>
> (Sprint, hear we come)
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 10:12:08 AM

Beeblebrox wrote:

> Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
> to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
> charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
> even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!

So?

It's insurance. Don't you have a deductible on your car insurance? Don't you
have a co-pay on your health insurance? The phone insurance works the same way/

$50 is still less than the retail price of a replacement phone. A lot less in
some cases.

> My main question:
> I'm going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
> to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
> wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
> LGs?

> (Sprint, hear we come)

Sprint and other carriers have the same policy. Insurance doesn't mean you get
it for free. You don't get your car fixed for free udner an insurance claim
either, unless you have a $0 deductible, which means you have to pay a higher
monthly premium. You pay a $15 or $20 co-payment on a doctor visit unless you
happen to have a plan that provides for no co-payment, and most don't.

September 30, 2004 10:47:10 AM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:12:08 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
wrote:

>Beeblebrox wrote:
>
>> Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
>> to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
>> charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
>> even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!
>
>So?
>
>It's insurance. Don't you have a deductible on your car insurance? Don't you
>have a co-pay on your health insurance? The phone insurance works the same way/
>
>$50 is still less than the retail price of a replacement phone. A lot less in
>some cases.

I pay $5 per year to insure my phone and there's no deductable.

September 30, 2004 11:46:46 AM

Beeblebrox wrote:
> OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
> between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
> bills.
>snip<

You might consider hiring a Family Controller.
September 30, 2004 12:03:38 PM

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
> usb data cable and bitpim.... but you must have the cheaper ins. because i
> pay the 4.99 and whenever i feel my phone is doing something not right i
> walk right in and they give me a phone in 15 minutes.

You can walk in and get a replacement if there is no damage. He said the
phone was damaged. In that case you deal with lockline (or the other one)
who charges you $50 for a replacement phone.
September 30, 2004 12:13:17 PM

"Beeblebrox" <sl1433@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
> between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
> bills.
>
> My family member wanted "insurance" in his phone (i thought it was a
> debatable feature, but hey it's his phone), so the bill has that added
> on.
>
> Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
> to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
> charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
> even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!

I am not saying I agree with it but that is how the insurance works with all
of the carriers. In the case of VZW if it is a non damage related issue you
can walk in and get a replacement phone. If it is damaged you deal with the
insuror who charges $50. At least with VZW you get a quick resolution. I
have friends who have nextel and you have to bitch and argue to get them to
do anything and you still pay $50...

If you keep important numbers in the phone it is well worth a couple bucks
for a cable and simple software to be able to save the info on your
computer.

You may want to review your usage and find out why a 2 phone plan is
$350/month.

> Now, my 2-year requirement finished months ago, so I can quit any time
> (I am SO going to flip Verizon the bird). But the catch is, there are
> numbers in that phone that my family member has ONLY in that phone,
> and he apparently really needs them.
>
> My main question:
> I'm going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
> to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
> wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
> LGs?
>
> (Sprint, hear we come)
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 1:17:55 PM

"Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:12:08 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Beeblebrox wrote:
>>
>>> Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
>>> to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
>>> charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
>>> even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!
>>
>>So?
>>
>>It's insurance. Don't you have a deductible on your car insurance? Don't
>>you
>>have a co-pay on your health insurance? The phone insurance works the same
>>way/
>>
>>$50 is still less than the retail price of a replacement phone. A lot less
>>in
>>some cases.
>
> I pay $5 per year to insure my phone and there's no deductable.

No way that anything for $5 a year has $0 deductible... Sounds like you
either misheard the salesperson or they lied to you..
September 30, 2004 1:51:17 PM

The $50 is called a deductible. It's right in the agreement you signed
or brochure you received.

sl1433@hotmail.com (Beeblebrox) wrote in message news:<c976cb73.0409292228.806675d@posting.google.com>...
> OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
> between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
> bills.
>
> My family member wanted "insurance" in his phone (i thought it was a
> debatable feature, but hey it's his phone), so the bill has that added
> on.
>
> Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
> to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
> charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
> even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!
>
> Now, my 2-year requirement finished months ago, so I can quit any time
> (I am SO going to flip Verizon the bird). But the catch is, there are
> numbers in that phone that my family member has ONLY in that phone,
> and he apparently really needs them.
>
> My main question:
> I'm going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
> to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
> wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
> LGs?
>
> (Sprint, hear we come)
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 2:09:20 PM

"Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<GRO6d.13729$gG4.10540@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> Beeblebrox wrote:
> > OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
> > between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
> > bills.
> >snip<
>

> You might consider hiring a Family Controller.

So, I definitely agree that's too high to pay for cell service. Some
of the reasons I kept Verizon were because of the coverage and service
issues I've read about with cingular and sprint, and getting me and my
family member together at the same time to go to sprint has been
difficult. And I'll give Verizon its due: I rarely have bad reception
or dropped calls.

But I'll stack up my money management with yours ANY DAY:

1) I have NO credit card debt or car payment. None. I drive a 2004
Acura TSX (I had my prior car for 8 years, an Acura Integra with over
175000 miles);
2) I have over half equity in my home (I live in the SF Bay Area);
3) My credit score consistently stays above 700;
4) I have emergency savings that can easily sustain my needs for
well over a year;

Odds are, you're not even close to any of that. So go take your own
advice.

(I can't STAND people who jump to conclusions like that. Seemingly
every time I post outside the technical groups, some wise ass will
reply with a post filled with assumptions and jumps-to-conclusion.
Usenet members were much more logical and smarter 12 years ago)
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 2:19:46 PM

> "Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Beeblebrox wrote:
>> > OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
>> > between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
>> > bills.
>> >snip<
>>

>> You might consider hiring a Family Controller.
>
> So, I definitely agree that's too high to pay for cell service. Some
> of the reasons I kept Verizon were because of the coverage and service
> issues I've read about with cingular and sprint, and getting me and my
> family member together at the same time to go to sprint has been
> difficult. And I'll give Verizon its due: I rarely have bad reception
> or dropped calls.
>
> But I'll stack up my money management with yours ANY DAY:
>
> 1) I have NO credit card debt or car payment. None. I drive a 2004
> Acura TSX (I had my prior car for 8 years, an Acura Integra with over
> 175000 miles);
> 2) I have over half equity in my home (I live in the SF Bay Area);
> 3) My credit score consistently stays above 700;
> 4) I have emergency savings that can easily sustain my needs for
> well over a year;
>
> Odds are, you're not even close to any of that. So go take your own
> advice.
>

> (I can't STAND people who jump to conclusions like that. Seemingly
> every time I post outside the technical groups, some wise ass will
> reply with a post filled with assumptions and jumps-to-conclusion.
> Usenet members were much more logical and smarter 12 years ago)

Have fun and good luck with Sprint. Since you like to Bitch, you will
absolutely LOVE sprint.. They will give you a whole lot to bitch about :)
September 30, 2004 8:02:04 PM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:17:55 -0700, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:

>"Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>No way that anything for $5 a year has $0 deductible... Sounds like you
>either misheard the salesperson or they lied to you..

No, they didn't lie to me. I've got an endorsement rider on my policy
for a couple things and they don't have any deductible. If it was on
my main policy the deductible applies. It does not apply for
endorsement riders. I can't say if endorsements are available on all
homeowner's or renter's policies, but Safeco who insures me does. My
mobile is insured as well as my bicycle. I've been warned though by
my agent that should I make a claim on the policy for loss they may
decide to cancel me. Since I use my insurance for just that insurance
and not some scheme to just get a new phone every couple of years it
seems a better route to me than to spend whatever the monthly ($4 or
$5) for Assurion or whatever the mobile phone insurer is. If you have
homeowner's or renter's insurance you can probably get an endorsement
on your policy for individual things if you so desire as well.
September 30, 2004 9:57:35 PM

On 29 Sep 2004 23:28:16 -0700, sl1433@hotmail.com (Beeblebrox) wrote:

>But the catch is, there are
>numbers in that phone that my family member has ONLY in that phone,
>and he apparently really needs them.

Is it possible you can retrieve those numbers from old bills? If they
were in the phonebook, I presume they were called at least once each.
Granted, they won't have the name associated with them, but at least
it's a starting point for recovering those numbers.
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 10:49:36 PM

In article <8n3pl0pfrqc27ckpjg389t1i83hei686c3@4ax.com>,
Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >No way that anything for $5 a year has $0 deductible... Sounds like
> >you either misheard the salesperson or they lied to you..
>
> No, they didn't lie to me. I've got an endorsement rider on my
> policy for a couple things and they don't have any deductible. If it
> was on my main policy the deductible applies. It does not apply for
> endorsement riders.

There is a big difference between a stand-alone insurance policy on an
item and a rider on a homeowners or renters policy.

You wrote "I pay $5 per year to insure my phone and there's no
deductable," and since we were discussing insurance policies, your
omitting the essential information that the five bucks was for a rider
on your homeowners policy implied that you were referring to a
stand-alone policy on the phone.

Yeah, I have an eight dollar rider on my homeowners insurance that
covers all my computer equipment, but that's not the same as a
stand-alone policy on the equipment.

Oh, you might want to check that endorsement more closely; you may find
that it says there is no additional deductible on the phone, rather than
no deductible at all.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous

Thanks for the info. This looks like the easiest route.

Also, thank you for actually answering my question. Most of the
shitheads in this newsgroup are so use to fawning over Verizon, they
became defensive and overlooked it.

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<A4ydnbpx8py3LMbcRVn-jg@comcast.com>...
> usb data cable and bitpim.... but you must have the cheaper ins. because i
> pay the 4.99 and whenever i feel my phone is doing something not right i
> walk right in and they give me a phone in 15 minutes.
>

> brian s.
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 11:36:31 PM

Great idea! Sometimes the obvious answer is the best one! The names
with the phone #s may be a bit of a problem, but hey, it wasn't my
phone and I've already done more to help him than I should.

The Ghost of General Lee <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message news:<s50pl0pgjrc31tv6gc5oocv60kinhqpbcv@4ax.com>...
> On 29 Sep 2004 23:28:16 -0700, sl1433@hotmail.com (Beeblebrox) wrote:
>
> >But the catch is, there are
> >numbers in that phone that my family member has ONLY in that phone,
> >and he apparently really needs them.
>
> Is it possible you can retrieve those numbers from old bills? If they
> were in the phonebook, I presume they were called at least once each.
> Granted, they won't have the name associated with them, but at least
> it's a starting point for recovering those numbers.
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 12:08:00 AM

Joseph wrote:
> I pay $5 per year to insure my phone and there's no deductable.

With whom?

Verizon and Sprint both have deductibles.

October 1, 2004 12:08:55 AM

Joseph wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:17:55 -0700, "Peter Pan"
> <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>

>>"Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>No way that anything for $5 a year has $0 deductible... Sounds like you
>>either misheard the salesperson or they lied to you..
>

> No, they didn't lie to me. I've got an endorsement rider on my policy

Ohhhhh. I thought you were talking about insurance directly from a carrier.

> seems a better route to me than to spend whatever the monthly ($4 or
> $5) for Assurion or whatever the mobile phone insurer is.

Isn't it lock/line with Verizon?

October 1, 2004 1:09:05 AM

Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<cjh0kk$p0g$1@ratbert.glorb.com>...
> Beeblebrox wrote:
>
> > Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
> > to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
> > charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
> > even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!
>
> So?
>
> It's insurance. Don't you have a deductible on your car insurance?

Your analogies are flawed. Would you pay more to fix a car if it cost
less to replace it with a newer, better model?

> Don't you have a co-pay on your health insurance?

If the co-pay cost more than the surgery or other procedure, would you
pay the co-pay?

> The phone insurance works the same way/
>
> $50 is still less than the retail price of a replacement phone. A lot less in
> some cases.

You haven't looked at prices lately.

> > My main question:
> > I'm going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
> > to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
> > wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
> > LGs?
>
> > (Sprint, hear we come)
>
> Sprint and other carriers have the same policy. Insurance doesn't mean you get
> it for free. You don't get your car fixed for free udner an insurance claim
> either, unless you have a $0 deductible, which means you have to pay a higher
> monthly premium. You pay a $15 or $20 co-payment on a doctor visit unless you
> happen to have a plan that provides for no co-payment, and most don't.

I've already refuted your flawed analogies. No sense in repeating it.
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:44:04 AM

In article <c976cb73.0409302009.289df9fb@posting.google.com>,
sl1433@hotmail.com (Beeblebrox) wrote:

> > $50 is still less than the retail price of a replacement phone. A
> > lot less in some cases.
>
> You haven't looked at prices lately.

Depends on whether you're eligible for discounted prices. If you're not
within two months of the end of your contract, you normally have to pay
full price.

The least expensive phone that Verizon offers on its web site is $120 at
full price.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 10:46:09 AM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:47:10 -0700, Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I pay $5 per year to insure my phone and there's no deductable.

As you clarified later in this thread, this is for a rider on an
existing insurance policy. So, you should double check that "no
deductible" because I bet that your existing deductible applies, which
means that if your deductible is higher than the phone cost you are
paying $5 a year for insurance that is essentially worthless and will
only "pay off" if you have a major event where many things (including
your cell phone) are stolen or destroyed.

jc
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 11:33:18 PM

Beeblebrox wrote:
> Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<cjh0kk$p0g$1@ratbert.glorb.com>...
>
>>Beeblebrox wrote:
>>

>>>Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
>>>to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
>>>charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
>>>even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!
>>
>>So?
>>
>>It's insurance. Don't you have a deductible on your car insurance?
>

> Your analogies are flawed. Would you pay more to fix a car if it cost
> less to replace it with a newer, better model?

It doesn't, in the case of cellular, unless you're close enough to end of
contract to get a discount and you don't mind re-upping for a year or two. If
you can get a replacement phone, a model you want to use, for a discounted
price, and that price is around, or is less than, the deductible, obviously it
will be cheaper to get the new model, but you'll have to re-sign a contract.

> If the co-pay cost more than the surgery or other procedure, would you
> pay the co-pay?

No, but the whole point is that it doesn't. In many cases, especially when
you're more than a couple months from end of contract, you will have to pay
RETAIL PRICE for a new phone. Retail is usually *at bare minimum* $150-200.
Which carriers have $150 deductibles on their phone insurance?

>>$50 is still less than the retail price of a replacement phone. A lot less in
>>some cases.
>
> You haven't looked at prices lately.

Bullshit.

I just bought a phone for $30. It was only $30 because I was activating a new
line of service and agreeing to a two-year contract. I got a Samsung 660; it
happens to be one of the least expensive phones Sprint sells. If I wasn't
agreeing to a contract, for example if I was replacing a phone on an existing
line and didn't wish to commit, the purchase price would have been $180. If I
didn't have insurance and I lost my phone, I'd pay $180. I'm not able to get
another phone discount until I have had my current phone for 18 months.
Verizon's program is somewhat different, but the principle is the same.

$30 IS NOT THE RETAIL PRICE OF THE PHONE. YOU WILL PAY RETAIL - IN MOST CASES -
IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO THE PHONE AND YOU DO NOT INSURE IT.

> I've already refuted your flawed analogies. No sense in repeating it.

You've refuted nothing, and your assertions are based on incorrect information
anyhow. If you wish to continue being clueless, that is certainly your right.
Just don't tell me I'm wrong about the phone prices. Go to any carrier and tell
them what I've told you, and ask if I'm correct. They will *all* say yes.

October 2, 2004 6:44:30 PM

> $50 is still less than the retail price of a replacement phone. A lot less
in
> some cases.
>>You haven't looked at prices lately.

You gotta be kidding, right??
$50 for a replacement phone? Retail?
Notice no one said anything about promotional pricing, etc.

Go to any phone carrier store in the middle of your contract and ask how
much the cheapest replacement phone is without taking a new contract or
extending your existing one another two years.

I'll be quite surprised if you find anything less than $120-150, and that
will be for the cheapest, most obsolete boat anchor in their lineup. Maybe
they have a few Moto v120's left!!!
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 4:27:05 AM

> Great idea! Sometimes the obvious answer is the best one! The names
> with the phone #s may be a bit of a problem, but hey, it wasn't my
> phone and I've already done more to help him than I should.

And hopefully he'll learn from the experience that he should have a 'back
up' of any names and numbers that are put into the phone. In the 'old days'
before I had a cellphone that was capable of backing it's phonebook via USB
cable, I kept a Works spreadsheet of the names and numbers that I had in the
phone. Today, I normally keep a .csv file and a file in the propietary
format of the program used to transfer the numbers, just in case. These are
kept in a folder in My Documents and get backed up (along with any other
document changes) to a USB hard drive on a daily basis.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Now with a picture link to the webcam near
Mount St. Helens volcano!

Or you can click on the link below to go to the
the Mt. St. Helens page.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Please note that if it's nighttime there you
will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture..:-)
October 6, 2004 7:35:37 PM

I have the americas choice family share plan with 5 phones and my bill
is 230.00 a month plus or minus a few dollars for misc txt msgs etc. I
have the 99.00 2000 minute plan. Between the in to minutes and free
nights and weekends, we usually don't go over 1000 minutes. You can
add an aditional 100 minutes if you pay your bill online. Insurance is
a ripoff. If you lose a phone or damage it, go on ebay. The expensive
part of verizon is the 20.00 per aditional phone. Other companies only
charge 10.00. But at least for me, you can't beat verizons total
coverage. I've been with them in one form or another for at least 10
years. Take care.

On 29 Sep 2004 23:28:16 -0700, sl1433@hotmail.com (Beeblebrox) wrote:

>OK, I'm on a family plan with 2 phone lines. Every month I pay
>between $200 and $350 every month; over $3,000 every year in cell
>bills.
>
>My family member wanted "insurance" in his phone (i thought it was a
>debatable feature, but hey it's his phone), so the bill has that added
>on.
>
>Get this: he drops the phone and the screen is unusable, so he goes in
>to try to get it fixed. In addition to the monthy fee, there's a $50
>charge to get it fixed! This is for an LG that is 2 years old and not
>even made any more; newer phones are frequently FREE!!!
>
>Now, my 2-year requirement finished months ago, so I can quit any time
>(I am SO going to flip Verizon the bird). But the catch is, there are
>numbers in that phone that my family member has ONLY in that phone,
>and he apparently really needs them.
>
>My main question:
>I'm going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
>to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
>wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
>LGs?
>
>(Sprint, hear we come)
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 5:31:50 AM

On 2004-09-29 23:28:16 -0700, sl1433@hotmail.com (Beeblebrox) said:

> m going to go in there and see if I have better luck at getting them
> to switchout the phone (so we can get the #s), but if I don't, I was
> wondering if anyone knows how to download the phone numbers off of the
> LGs?

They have software that downloads the numbers and then allows them to
be transferred to a new phone (for upgrades/replacements), so if the
phone works other than the display, I don't see why they couldn't give
you a printout of the phonebook or something, even if you're not
getting a new one from them.
!