Which GTA?

I don't know much about the GTA franchise but enough to know that I want one, for fun! I'd just like to know the 'features', advantages, disadvantages of them. I kind of narrowed it down to IV & San Andreas, but... What do you think?
thanks,
20 answers Last reply
More about which
  1. GTA 4 ofc, you cant compare them, SA is old and funky graphics[enjoyed it at that time] whereas GTA 4 is really nice on graphics/engine/- but requires a fairly high end pc to play well, whereas most pc's will play SA..
  2. My rig's not really a problem. ATI Radeon 5770 & Phenom x4 965.
    Is GTA 4 the best of all though?
  3. kitteh_ said:
    My rig's not really a problem. ATI Radeon 5770 & Phenom x4 965.
    Is GTA 4 the best of all though?

    Yes its currently the best one, its one of the games in which i have the most played hours recorded..
  4. GTA IV and SA--


    Is not just a game, it is living your character's life where you can make him do many things apart from the main mission, like robbing, getting into unnecessary fights with people, stealing vehicles, doing accident, pubing, flying planes or choppers, going to pros, eating, drinking, shopping, getting new hair cuts, visiting new places as tourist or as a vagabond, dating, f***ing, swimming, racing, surfing internet(inside the game they hv their own internet, I wish in future games somehow it can be connected to the real one), helping people, .............................. I can not type more then this.

    In one word, this is the best sandbox game. What is sandbox, wikki it.


    GTA IV vs SA --


    Off all the above things, 1/3 of them you can not do in GTA IV though it is the latest version series, not sure why. So in that respect I still play SA sometimes.

    Rest, GTA IV has extremely , did I say extremely .. oh yes I said extremely .. cool graphics and game play such that if you do not have a Quad and a good card, do not even try it.


    I am 32 years , Manager in my firm, and this game helps me live my life and get me quick relaxations in short spans of breaks. For this game I sold my Core 2 Duo, bought i3, sold it the same week, got a hexacore and recently got GTX 460.
    Most of the time I do not even play missions, I just simply make the character do all those a above things and as everything gets noted and improves the character during game play, it makes me feel if that person is aging along with me.
  5. asheesh1_2000 said:
    GTA IV and SA--


    Is not just a game, it is living your character's life where you can make him do many things apart from the main mission, like robbing, getting into unnecessary fights with people, stealing vehicles, doing accident, pubing, flying planes or choppers, going to pros, eating, drinking, shopping, getting new hair cuts, visiting new places as tourist or as a vagabond, dating, f***ing, swimming, racing, surfing internet(inside the game they hv their own internet, I wish in future games somehow it can be connected to the real one), helping people, .............................. I can not type more then this.

    In one word, this is the best sandbox game. What is sandbox, wikki it.


    GTA IV vs SA --


    Off all the above things, 1/3 of them you can not do in GTA IV though it is the latest version series, not sure why. So in that respect I still play SA sometimes.

    Rest, GTA IV has extremely , did I say extremely .. oh yes I said extremely .. cool graphics and game play such that if you do not have a Quad and a good card, do not even try it.


    I am 32 years , Manager in my firm, and this game helps me live my life and get me quick relaxations in short spans of breaks. For this game I sold my Core 2 Duo, bought i3, sold it the same week, got a hexacore and recently got GTX 460.
    Most of the time I do not even play missions, I just simply make the character do all those a above things and as everything gets noted and improves the character during game play, it makes me feel if that person is aging along with me.

    Cool ..
    I also greatly enjoy GTA, but gta 4.. I modded the cars to real cars, used the trainer after having finished the game 5 times. I still enjoy it, thxs to the mods. Great game that gta 4. I wont say that i didnt enjoy gta sa, i really did enjoy it, i would love to see a remake, newer/ more realistic graphics similar to IV would be great.. So , you see, only the graphics put the game down, it was really good at its time..
  6. ALL of the 3D GTA games are great.

    I greatly enjoyed GTA IV but I think my favourite is actually Vice City - lots to do (but not taking the piss like San Andreas), lots of serious and fun missions, great story.

    GTA IV will struggle on the PC even with insane specifications - you're better off getting it for the PS3 (or Xbox) if you have one, and if you're looking at upgrading your PC to play GTA IV, it would probably be cheaper to just get a PS3 and get GTA IV (or the full Liberty Cities Stories pack) for that instead.
  7. asheesh1_2000 said:
    GTA IV and SA--


    Is not just a game, it is living your character's life where you can make him do many things apart from the main mission, like robbing, getting into unnecessary fights with people, stealing vehicles, doing accident, pubing, flying planes or choppers, going to pros, eating, drinking, shopping, getting new hair cuts, visiting new places as tourist or as a vagabond, dating, f***ing, swimming, racing, surfing internet(inside the game they hv their own internet, I wish in future games somehow it can be connected to the real one), helping people, .............................. I can not type more then this.

    In one word, this is the best sandbox game. What is sandbox, wikki it.


    GTA IV vs SA --


    Off all the above things, 1/3 of them you can not do in GTA IV though it is the latest version series, not sure why. So in that respect I still play SA sometimes.

    Rest, GTA IV has extremely , did I say extremely .. oh yes I said extremely .. cool graphics and game play such that if you do not have a Quad and a good card, do not even try it.


    I am 32 years , Manager in my firm, and this game helps me live my life and get me quick relaxations in short spans of breaks. For this game I sold my Core 2 Duo, bought i3, sold it the same week, got a hexacore and recently got GTX 460.
    Most of the time I do not even play missions, I just simply make the character do all those a above things and as everything gets noted and improves the character during game play, it makes me feel if that person is aging along with me.

    That was deep bro
  8. GTA: SA lets you develop your characters physique, get tattoos, hair cuts, and better clothes. You can fly jets, jet packs, even parachute. The world is bigger and free-er because it connects L.A. - S.F. - L.V. with all the forests and deserts in between.

    GTA: IV has better graphics, story, physics, music. You can watch television in your apartment (hilarious), get ringtones, use internet, use police car computer, joyride in back of cab, drink & drive, bowling, pool, darts, strip clubs. See hooker in multiple positions.


    It comes down to whether you what bigger land to roam in and be an O.G. ... or .... you want better graphics and be a Serbian assassin.


    get both!
  9. rhsnipes said:
    GTA: SA lets you develop your characters physique, get tattoos, hair cuts, and better clothes. You can fly jets, jet packs, even parachute. The world is bigger and free-er because it connects L.A. - S.F. - L.V. with all the forests and deserts in between.

    GTA: IV has better graphics, story, physics, music. You can watch television in your apartment (hilarious), get ringtones, use internet, use police car computer, joyride in back of cab, drink & drive, bowling, pool, darts, strip clubs. See hooker in multiple positions.


    It comes down to whether you what bigger land to roam in and be an O.G. ... or .... you want better graphics and be a Serbian assassin.


    get both!

    True ! ;)
  10. sigh.. Guys!
    This isn't useful! I'm going to have to get both soon. :D
    Thanks. :D
  11. Well choose which game is best for you from the arguments.. Or simply get both. ;)
  12. IF you r not mad about graphics , then get SA... let us know
  13. Oldmangamer_73 said:
    Is GTA IV really that hard on a PC, graphics wise?

    I'm running:

    AMD Athlon X2 4400+ San Diego core (OC to 2.4ghz)
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mobo
    4 gb PC3200 Corsair XMS
    Nvidia 470 GTX

    Will that handle GTA IV?

    Well frankly the gtx 470 yeah good gpu, but your cpu- dual core, doesnt make these two a good combo, your cpu will greatly bottleneck your gpu, and gta 4 really uses a quad core. My quad @ 3.2 ghz, is used up completely along with the gtx 460.. And still isnt perfect.
    So, to run gta 4 well, i would recommend a quad core..
  14. Oldmangamer_73 said:
    Yeah, i built that rig in 2006. Originally started with a 7800 GTX, then graduated to an 8800 GTX when that died, and just got the 470 as a Christmas present. At the time, that CPU/mobo/RAM combo was the titz, but I realize it is outdated technology now.



    u hv an awesome card. Get a quad next and your rig will be a killer.
  15. Oldmangamer_73 said:
    Do they make an AMD quad for the socket 939 mobo??



    I had socket 939 and is a great MB, however I do not think it can run Quad.
  16. You made me little emotional here, for my journey with AMD started with 939, so I did a quick search and found that somebody else also asked this question.. there are some links given in the answer , see if they help.


    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071103191446AAVfmn3
  17. 55Range said:
    Well frankly the gtx 470 yeah good gpu, but your cpu- dual core, doesnt make these two a good combo, your cpu will greatly bottleneck your gpu, and gta 4 really uses a quad core. My quad @ 3.2 ghz, is used up completely along with the gtx 460.. And still isnt perfect.
    So, to run gta 4 well, i would recommend a quad core..



    +++1
  18. In my own personal opinion you cannot beat the good old days of san andreas the mass amount of cheats that spwan various vehicles such as the hydra, a harrier type fighter jet you can even ride push bikes. And the vast open world shows no limts to your fun. once you finally get bored of running around wild the missions which in my opinion span a lifetime will keep you entertained for days on end.

    but dont get me wrong gtaIV, well wow the smooth textures of the enviroment and the complex and detailed gameplay will blow your mind you feel more involved in the story but tbh episodes from liberty city takes it back to the good old days you need the expansion pack to enjoy it to its potential.

    so overall you need to buy, own and complete gtaIV gta san andreas and the newsest gtaIV episodes from liberty city :)
  19. taegel99 said:
    In my own personal opinion you cannot beat the good old days of san andreas the mass amount of cheats that spwan various vehicles such as the hydra, a harrier type fighter jet you can even ride push bikes. And the vast open world shows no limts to your fun. once you finally get bored of running around wild the missions which in my opinion span a lifetime will keep you entertained for days on end.

    but dont get me wrong gtaIV, well wow the smooth textures of the enviroment and the complex and detailed gameplay will blow your mind you feel more involved in the story but tbh episodes from liberty city takes it back to the good old days you need the expansion pack to enjoy it to its potential.

    so overall you need to buy, own and complete gtaIV gta san andreas and the newsest gtaIV episodes from liberty city :)



    I can not agree with you more. SA days were old golden days. Rockstar really was not able to handle the fame it got them, and began to think now anything they offer will achieve the same heights. I remember when some one asked these guys about the demo of GTA IV, I could really feel their attitude saying that they will have to create a small version of the city for a demo (as if GTA IV has a bigger map then SA), and if someone wants to feel GTA IV they will have to buy the complete version.

    I was completely zapped and changed my CPU three times just to be able to play GTA IV. Well it has great graphics but gameplay and storyline is of no match to SA.

    And now look at them,, GTA IV in my country is selling at 2% of its initial value of launch and I am not kidding. In the start days it was only launched for XOBX and it was F****ing compulsory to buy XBOX if you wanted to buy GTA IV..
  20. Ai just remembered there is a pretty awesome cheat for SA that let's you see the actioin that goes on in the bedroom with CJ and his girlfriend.. Only on pc I think
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games