Sign in with
Your question

Old RPG game Cant Remember Name

Last response: in Video Games
January 20, 2011 4:06:22 PM

I remember playing this game at my friend house during 1992

It a basic rpg game which i remember having a teams walking around in open map full of mountain. and you suppose to go for quest and also u can enter village or town to train your characters.

What leave the most memory for me in this game is that you can assign your character to work. eg carpenter to earn money and improve the skill. which is needed to build item in the open map.

also there are other type of job to learn.

cannot remember the name except i think got something to do with Dwarf.

More about : rpg game remember

January 20, 2011 9:01:03 PM

That description could easily fit thousands of different rpgs from the entire videogame story, no way anyone can tell which game it is unless you can find a pic.
m
l
January 20, 2011 10:58:24 PM

Quote:
Civilization or Diablo

Since I played both games, they are definitely not it. Those are not RPGs.
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2011 11:11:06 PM

Maybe it was Darklands. It came out about then, and it had the elements you describe, being a sandbox type of RPG, set in the Holy Roman Empire during the high middle ages, it had very little in the way of storyline, except what destiny you made for your band of knights, artisans, monks, vagabonds, alchemists, etc. I found it very good, but it did have a lot of bugs, and no sequels (like the proposed one set in England during the War of the Roses etc.)
m
l
February 2, 2011 2:33:20 PM

Hmm,

sorry i can't get any picture at all.

Last play was in 1992...... in my friend computer.

Well Civilization or Diablo is definitely out.

I just check out darklands, it seem very similar but not the game i looking for. :( 

But darklands seem like a nice game. wonder if any other game is develop in this way.
m
l
March 7, 2012 1:17:34 AM

Perhaps it was Dwarf Fortress
m
l
March 7, 2012 1:50:26 PM

Ice wind dale? but I'm pretty sure it came out long after '92
m
l
!