FIC SD-11 and 950MHz Athlon???

G

Does anyone know if a FIC SD-11 can be successfully upgraded to a 950 MHz Athlon CPU? I've got an SD-11 with a 500MHz that's 18 months old and recently tried installing a new 950 MHz cpu. The Bios identifies it as an 800 MHz chip but SYSID by Morf shows it running at 950. However, a SETI client takes three times as long to run.

I've been to FIC's site, but the FAQs are no help and the latest couple of BIOS upgrades only speak to fixes for 800 MHz cpus. Finally, I checked out my board documentation (yeah, I should have done that first :) and it says the board only supports up to 650 MHz "and eventually further." I'm hesitant to flash a new bios without some assurance it will fix the problem.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

G

Stupid fic mainboards, they really do suck ass.
My only advice, flash the damn bios. It can't hurt and it might solve ur problem. If it doesnt, sell the mainboard to some dope. And buy a msi pro2 or something like that. FIC sucks ass!
Good luck anyways!
;)

Passoa :)

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, pay attention my comment was left to someone recomending a socket a board, not the original poster. Ok Dude???????? I know the sd-11 is a slot a jeeeeessshhhhhh!

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

Sorry. New to the boards, couldn't really tell who you were talking to etc etc (fill in lots of newbie quip).

Okay, so now that that's over, have you got any advice/direction/wisdom to impart?

I'd appreciate any constructive help.

Thanks,

gumby

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would give the latest bios a shot, it would appear that the processor is indeed running at 950 but the highest known processor to your bios is the 800 and that what it posts as. Perhpas the fixes will help you out as well.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Glendor

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
Hi Gumby,
I too have a SD-11, but I'm still running a 650 on it. I was planning to upgrade the CPU to 800, so I'm very interested in the same answer you need. I hate to bother you about my own problem, but do you have any advice on what PCI Bridge driver I should use? I had this mobo and cpu working fine with Win98 for about 18 months, but I upgraded to Win98SE, and it trashed my pc. Now I'm in the rebuild/reinstall process, and I can't get all the drivers to work. I must have done something special when I first set it up, but I can't remember what it might have been. FIC's help pages SUCK, and I can't even determine what drivers I need to download! Do you have the original CDs that came with your SD-11? Can I pay you to make me a copy? Any advice would be appreciated, Glendor...
monrocm@texaco.com