question: on LG VX4400 - how do I disable the pause after ..

Hi Everyone,

I have a LG VX4400. It does something annoying at the end of a call - it
displays the length of the call --- and the keyboard is unresponsive
until the display goes back to the default or normal mode.

Here is a better explanatation: I place a call and when the call ends
the phome will have a flashing display of the length of the call. It
lasts for a few seconds. Eventually the display will return to its
"normal" state.

Is there a way to disable the call length display or is there a key
I can hit that will allow me to make another call immediately? I know
I can just wait a few seconds - but its really annoying to be forced
to wait by my phone.

Thanks for any help.
-Ram

ramb@sonic.net wrote:
> Is there a way to disable the call length display or is there a key
> I can hit that will allow me to make another call immediately?

Keep hitting end. It doesn't seem to work much but it feels like
you are doing something.

Roger

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

ramb@sonic.net wrote in message news:<m3brfnalhc.fsf@oak.ramandgita.com>...
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a LG VX4400. It does something annoying at the end of a call - it
> displays the length of the call --- and the keyboard is unresponsive
> until the display goes back to the default or normal mode.
>
> Here is a better explanatation: I place a call and when the call ends
> the phome will have a flashing display of the length of the call. It
> lasts for a few seconds. Eventually the display will return to its
> "normal" state.
>
> Is there a way to disable the call length display or is there a key
> I can hit that will allow me to make another call immediately? I know
> I can just wait a few seconds - but its really annoying to be forced
> to wait by my phone.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> -Ram

Hit END twice, not once.

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> ramb@sonic.net wrote:
> > Is there a way to disable the call length display or is there a key
> > I can hit that will allow me to make another call immediately?
>
> Keep hitting end. It doesn't seem to work much but it feels like
> you are doing something.
>
> Roger

Just hit END a second time. If you do it quickly (END twice in a row), the
call ends and you can dial out again. I got very good at it and am glad
because that "feature" is also present in the 7000. If you get a busy signal
and want to redial easily, hit END once and then SEND next and it will
redial that number. HTH.

--
JennL

"ModernMiko" <modernmiko@NOverizon.net> writes:

> "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
>> ramb@sonic.net wrote:
>> > Is there a way to disable the call length display or is there a key
>> > I can hit that will allow me to make another call immediately?
>>
>> Keep hitting end. It doesn't seem to work much but it feels like
>> you are doing something.
>>
>> Roger
>>

> Just hit END a second time. If you do it quickly (END twice in a row), the
> call ends and you can dial out again. I got very good at it and am glad
> because that "feature" is also present in the 7000. If you get a busy signal
> and want to redial easily, hit END once and then SEND next and it will
> redial that number. HTH.
>
> --
> JennL

Thank you !! It worked ! :)

-Ram

<ramb@sonic.net> wrote in message news:m33c0z9f2x.fsf@oak.ramandgita.com...
> "ModernMiko" <modernmiko@NOverizon.net> writes:
>
> > "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Keep hitting end. It doesn't seem to work much but it feels like
> >> you are doing something.
> >>
> >> Roger
> >>

> > Just hit END a second time. If you do it quickly (END twice in a row),
the
> > call ends and you can dial out again. I got very good at it and am glad
> > because that "feature" is also present in the 7000. If you get a busy
signal
> > and want to redial easily, hit END once and then SEND next and it will
> > redial that number. HTH.
> >
> > --
> > JennL
>

> Thank you !! It worked ! :)
>
> -Ram

No problem! I really loved my 4400 and my hubby loved his. Unfortunately his
got eaten by a lawn tractor :-(

--
JennL
--

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> ramb@sonic.net wrote:
>> Is there a way to disable the call length display or is there a key
>> I can hit that will allow me to make another call immediately?
>
> Keep hitting end. It doesn't seem to work much but it feels like
> you are doing something.
>
> Roger

Hehe, I love it Roger! By the way, on the Motorola V710 that timer can be
turned on or off. Seems like it was off by default and I went looking for an
option to enable it since I like having the call timer myself. Seems like so
many people today are in such a hurry though! No patience at all, as you no
doubt know...:)

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer