Sign in with
Your question

RumblePad2 in DiRT2

Last response: in Video Games
January 23, 2011 7:04:03 PM

Hi guys. Ive been playing DiRT2 using a wired logitech rumblepad 2 and have a major problem. The game does not recognize the analog sticks as having a depth of motion. Its either the cars wheels are strait or turned all the way. Is there a way to fix this problem. Thank You.

More about : rumblepad2 dirt2

January 25, 2011 9:08:49 AM

I have had Dirt 2 in my PC but I have never played it with a Joystick.
PS: What do you mean by depth of motion ?

Also was there any sort of setting for the joystick?
January 25, 2011 1:33:53 PM

Gman450 said:
I have had Dirt 2 in my PC but I have never played it with a Joystick.
PS: What do you mean by depth of motion ?

Also was there any sort of setting for the joystick?

I mean that whenever you move the analog stick left or right the game recognizes it as a button and turns the cars wheels all the way in that direction. I can not make small steering adjustments, its only the front wheels strait or turned all the way.
Related resources
January 25, 2011 6:28:54 PM

Can you download a controller profile for this game from the Logitech website? I've got the game, but I use the keyboard, so, like your controller, there is no sensitivity... it's all or nothing!
January 26, 2011 4:42:36 AM

bluerambo said:
I mean that whenever you move the analog stick left or right the game recognizes it as a button and turns the cars wheels all the way in that direction. I can not make small steering adjustments, its only the front wheels strait or turned all the way.

Alright I understand. Like the Keyboard it makes full turns rather than small ones according to your wish.
Ok, maybe its because DiRT2 will not do that. In NFS Shift you can do that. Waht I am saying is that maybe the game was never made like that, that is , turn 30 degrees or 20 degrees as you wish. It could be that.

Here is a video from youtube from a guy who played with a joystick. I think he experiences the same thing. ''' I think you should just try and tap the analog stick it once or twice in the direction in which you want to turn''' ;) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHNaRT58Uzo
!