Your question

Bad Company 2

Tags:
  • Video
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 24, 2011 4:34:05 PM

Hi,
OK, I'm really new to BF:BC2 on PC, I know about some differences & and watched videos which raise questions such as: how to use / get the Engineer's vehicle fixing tool & Medic's defrib..
Also, on PC how to fly in a direction other than backwards in a heli.. :D  The controls menu doesn't seem to help.
Thanks guys,
:D 

More about : bad company

January 25, 2011 6:12:37 AM

Push 4 for tool/defib, if I remember right.

For helli the default is to use your mouse to go backwards/forwards and W/S for up/down.
January 25, 2011 10:31:59 AM

Make sure you invert mouse for flying, makes life a lot easier, W go up, push the mouse forwards and you nose down and move forwards, you bank the chopper moving the mouse left and right and use the A and D keys to turn left or right using the rudder. A combination of mouse and rudder helps your turn faster. Use S to decend. Your gunner gets a laser tag on the r-click to paint tanks with, once locked on use the pilots r-click to launch a guided missile.
Related resources
January 25, 2011 5:50:43 PM

Last time I tried the mouse wasn't working too much, first thing I tried. :D 
Try again now.
January 25, 2011 7:11:20 PM

Captainhero said:
Make sure you invert mouse for flying, makes life a lot easier, W go up, push the mouse forwards and you nose down and move forwards, you bank the chopper moving the mouse left and right and use the A and D keys to turn left or right using the rudder. A combination of mouse and rudder helps your turn faster. Use S to decend. Your gunner gets a laser tag on the r-click to paint tanks with, once locked on use the pilots r-click to launch a guided missile.

u dont need to invert, by default moving moving ur mouse down will make the nose descend in turn the heli mvoes forward.

edit down as in forwards XD
January 25, 2011 8:10:07 PM

I see most many people get in, take off and fly backwards - me too. :D 
Pushing the mouse forwards instead of backwards.
Thanks, I'll try as soon as I can.
January 25, 2011 8:48:23 PM

Do you need specialization for the defribs & fixy tool, if so; where can I equip 'em?
January 26, 2011 8:49:54 AM

Defib comes as standard, along with the repair tool (number 4? on engineer / medic). Quite fun to kill people with as well ;) 
January 26, 2011 9:44:21 AM

defib come in after a certain lvl. it might be 5 idk.
January 26, 2011 3:10:16 PM

Right I got it:
Defrib. & Repair tool is unlocked pretty quick so I got the fixy. :D 
The heli.s on my default control is using WASD & the arrow keys with no use of mouse unless gunning. - is there a chopper that the pilotr can gun?
thanks. :D 
January 26, 2011 6:45:26 PM

yes there are, some maps have apaches and other similar types, that allows misssiles to be hailed from the driver seat.
!