Sending MP3 email to V710

Last response: in Network Providers
October 1, 2004 4:09:36 AM

I can send emails to myself on my V710. I can send emails with
attachments like images. I sent a .mid file OK, but the phone didnt
recognize the format so I couldnt play it. However, if I send an
email with a .mp3 attachment, it never comes through. Has Verizon
done something to not allow us to get music onto the phone this way?

Bob

More about : sending mp3 email v710

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 12:31:39 PM

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:09:36 GMT, Yahoo! <not@home.com> wrote:

>I can send emails to myself on my V710. I can send emails with
>attachments like images. I sent a .mid file OK, but the phone didnt
>recognize the format so I couldnt play it. However, if I send an
>email with a .mp3 attachment, it never comes through. Has Verizon
>done something to not allow us to get music onto the phone this way?

My guess is the size limit? Was it a 3 / 4 meg mp3?
October 2, 2004 4:54:53 AM

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:09:36 +0000, Yahoo! wrote:

> I can send emails to myself on my V710. I can send emails with
> attachments like images. I sent a .mid file OK, but the phone didnt
> recognize the format so I couldnt play it. However, if I send an email
> with a .mp3 attachment, it never comes through. Has Verizon done
> something to not allow us to get music onto the phone this way?

The following things are necessary for me to send mp3's to my
vx6000 through email. Same may be true for v710.

1) Rename file.mp3 to file.mid.

2) The email attachment must be of mime type audio/midi, not
audio/x-midi. This may also be your problem playing .mid files.
Whether or not you can control this depends on your mail client.
If you have trouble try different mail software.

rich
!