Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Windows 7
  • Blue Screen
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 30, 2011 3:29:47 AM

just wanted to start this thread off to try and help with experiences i have been having with games on windows 7 64 bit pro..

all games made for windows 7 have been working fine but hit problems with older games which i seem to have sorted although they dont run as well as i would like so if anybody knows anything extra please reply.....

my brother has windows 7 and runs crysis which is quite old now but still good so i couldnt understand why i couldnt get it to work...

i spent days on and off trying and eventually downloaded from steam thinking this would work and it was slightly better but kept getting bluescreens BOD after 5 mins or so....

also tombraider underworld was bluescreening after 5-10 minutes which was frustrating the hell out of me as i couldnt progress ....

anyway this is what i tried riva tuner which i have used before but wasnt keen on using on win 7 as i think its not really updated for it and you can cause bother tweeking it....anyway i used it to speed graphics card fan up but i also have to mention i installed windows 7 manager at the same time and ran that if you do a search you will find it and riva tuner is on 3dguru...

so crysis is playable but flickers a tad (could be related to sli ) tombraider works good and im pretty sure any other old games should be fine now...

if anybody knows how to get these type of games running smooth please reply my setup is:::

windows 7 64 pro
i7 920 (overclocked a bit) on rampage 2 extreme 6gb memory
8800gtx xxx version in sli
sata hardrive

More about : games blue screen windows

January 30, 2011 11:19:46 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Video Games by Justinblue
Related resources
!