Sign in with
Your question

*Help* Will this computer run Black Ops?

Last response: in Video Games
January 31, 2011 11:48:34 PM

Hey, I'm a little new to the PC gaming realm so I was wondering if this PC would be able to handle Black Ops multiplayer on moderate-high settings? Any help is much appreciated.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=115439...|84|56671|78519&N=4047238&Mo=13&pos=1&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=78519&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10600-Cat56671&topnav=

More about : computer run black ops

February 1, 2011 12:37:36 AM

No, not unless you add a graphics card, the one on it is integrated and it is pretty bad.
February 1, 2011 12:46:01 AM

Oh alright, well I may just upgrade its graphics card. Any suggestions in the price range of $50-100?
Related resources
February 1, 2011 12:59:19 AM

I would probably recommend a 5670 or a 450 gts, because they are at the top of your budget and "might" run on the included power supply, I do not know how good it is. The biggest thing is what is your monitor's resolution?
You should probably wait for more experienced members' advice though

Link for the 450 gts: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
February 1, 2011 9:50:08 AM

My screen resolution is 1366x768
February 1, 2011 10:08:45 AM

well first the CPU in that system is awesome, i would recommend you save up a bit and go for a good GPU.

The GPU is the main stay of any system, if you cut cost on that then even the latest high end system will not be able to perform in games properly.

I would strongly recommend saving up a bit go for a GPU which costs atleast 200usd, you will be set for 2-3 years atleast. I would personally say go for a GTX 460 or if you have more budget then GTX 560 go for the 1 gb versions. It will leave you with lot of legroom to upgrade your monitor in the future too should you decide to get one which supports 1920*1080.
February 1, 2011 10:28:22 AM

I agree with kashifme21 100%, I only suggested that card because it was in his price range and he probably would not need a new power supply.
February 1, 2011 11:06:33 AM

This is usually what happens when you buy a prebuilt system, the vendo gives you a good CPU and good amount of HD space, RAM etc. However botches the entire system up in the end for gaming just by giving it a bad GPU(mostly because its to save costs since it comes integrated).

If you would make a system yourself, you could make it within the 500-600usd budget and include simular specs as listed by yourself including a GTX 460 grade gpu.
February 1, 2011 1:50:23 PM

There are some deals for the 768mb version of the 460 that are close to $100 after rebates, but no telling if you have enough of a power supply for one. The 5670 is a good recomendation if you're limited by your power supply and want to stay under
$100, but you would probably be stuck on medium settings instead of high in COD.
February 1, 2011 4:31:38 PM

Toreyaki said:
Hey, I'm a little new to the PC gaming realm so I was wondering if this PC would be able to handle Black Ops multiplayer on moderate-high settings? Any help is much appreciated.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=115439...|84|56671|78519&N=4047238&Mo=13&pos=1&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=78519&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10600-Cat56671&topnav=

I think the real question is WHY would you want to play BlacK Ops. Its sounds like a pretty lame MP experience.

And not knowing why you are getting a PC, you might want to consider getting an Xbox/PS3 as the "game" will look much better on those systems than that PC, and it will be much cheaper. PC + decent GPU = $599 + $100(or more) > PS3/Xbox + Black Cops.
February 1, 2011 6:09:36 PM

@trialsking

You seriously are misguiding the person if you are saying the game will look better on Xbox or Ps3, both those systems are seriously old. Both of them play black ops in subhd. Any 3 year old pc can run the game better then those settings.

The PC is only costing him more because its prebuilt. Now all he needs is a decent GPU which is much cheaper then getting a console.

Not to mention Blackops is probably not the only game he will be playing, he will be playing many more games, Games on PC are cheaper.

In the long run consoles are expensive to game on. Ever cared to check out PC game prices when they are on discount on Steam?
February 1, 2011 6:51:30 PM

Thanks Kashifme21 I wasn't paying him any attention anyway simply for the fact that I already own an Xbox360 with Black Ops. I want to expand my gaming experience by getting into MMO's as well as decreasing my time while editing HD videos which is what I spend most of my time on.
February 1, 2011 7:22:53 PM

kashifme21 said:
@trialsking

You seriously are misguiding the person if you are saying the game will look better on Xbox or Ps3, both those systems are seriously old. Both of them play black ops in subhd. Any 3 year old pc can run the game better then those settings.

I did not mean to mislead. I only offered a suggestion for 1 game. I personally can't stand consoles and I will never own one. I too am a huge Steam fan boy.
Now that the OP stated owns a console with Black Ops already and he want to own another copy on PC, my original questions still stands: WHY?
February 1, 2011 8:24:31 PM

Better graphics, better competitive environment, I mean the PC community is so much better than consoles.
February 1, 2011 8:47:28 PM

Toreyaki said:
Better graphics, better competitive environment, I mean the PC community is so much better than consoles.

That is exactly why I started pc gaming.
February 1, 2011 8:56:50 PM

Sorry I meant WHY play CoD Black Ops at all.

I know why PC gaming is better, just not THAT game.
February 1, 2011 9:19:04 PM

Trialsking said:
Sorry I meant WHY play CoD Black Ops at all.

I know why PC gaming is better, just not THAT game.

Lol, I agree, but some people like it while others do not
February 2, 2011 3:44:51 AM

The OP seriously needs to try out games like TF2 and L4D2, Those games are insanely fun. I personaly have over 200hours on TF2 it just never gets old.

Those games have everything COD fans wish to have but probably will never get due to corporate greed.

TF2 & L4D2 have:

User based mods(which means you get free maps, more creative ways to play, with COD there is no such thing since Activision doesnt want the life of the game getting extended by users, they would rather prefer to charge people for DLCs, then a year on drop support for the game and launch a new game).

Developer support (both TF2 and L4D2 get constant free updates from valve even though both of them are getting old now, Activision would never throw a free DLC).

IMO Toreyaki i would strongly recommend you tried out those 2 games, both are FPS and insanely fun.
February 2, 2011 1:01:47 PM

I definitely recommend you look into the games that kashifme21 suggested, both are very fun. I would also suggest you get steam, they have good deals every once in a while, I purchased each of those games for $5 each.
February 3, 2011 12:40:02 AM

Yeah I have steam but like I said, I don't have the PC to run the games
February 3, 2011 1:02:59 AM

Why don't you build a PC instead?For the same price you can build a much better pc.
If you absolutely have to buy a prebuilt pc then I suggest buying from Newegg here is a pc able to play nearly every game at mid to high settings
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....

If you want to build a pc just ask,it's quite simple.
February 11, 2011 7:45:24 PM

Over all it is a good system. The Onboard chipset is weak. An HD 5770 Card is a very good card and won't drain your wallet. This brings up another issue when adding a dedicated Video Card, and that is the PSU. Prebuilts are traditionally on the edge when it comes to those things and the one in there will in all likelyhood not support a dedicated card.
February 17, 2011 3:50:54 AM

build your own computer! save a little... be patience... shop newegg... that way you can get a GPU that can support your future gaming experience. Always buidl a CPU around the GPU!!! NEVER cut corners on graphics.
!