Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Can't install AC'97 in Win7?

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
September 19, 2010 12:31:25 AM

There this pop up that always that keep on asking me endlessly about whether to install or not install the unsigned driver. Looked this up on Google and tried fixes others have suggested but doesn't work for me. That damn thing keeps on asking me. Anyone know how to get pass this? I need to install this to test out my other problem...

More about : install win7

Best solution

September 19, 2010 12:51:33 AM

ac97 is a set of standards for the integrated sound

download and install the latest audio drivers for your mb
Share
September 19, 2010 4:19:08 PM

I've tried the same thing, downloaded "6305_Vista_Win7_PG537.zip" and try to install on my Abit AB9 QuadGT in Win 7 64 and it keeps doing the same thing. I only want to listen to a regular set of speakers over the analogue audio out jack.
Score
0
Related resources
September 19, 2010 4:20:43 PM

So in other words I don't need the ac'97?

I found the latest updates for my audio MB on a site. So I'll go and proceed to install the latest one for my mobo.
Score
0
September 19, 2010 4:22:29 PM

reckless67 said:
I've tried the same thing, downloaded "6305_Vista_Win7_PG537.zip" and try to install on my Abit AB9 QuadGT in Win 7 64 and it keeps doing the same thing. I only want to listen to a regular set of speakers over the analogue audio out jack.


Have you tried looking for the audio drivers on your MB's site? 505090 suggestion worked for me :) 
Score
0
September 19, 2010 4:29:03 PM

controlpanelheist said:
Have you tried looking for the audio drivers on your MB's site? 505090 suggestion worked for me :) 



Yes, downloaded the only one for Audio off of Abit's site, and it won't even install!
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 20, 2010 5:35:03 AM

From your mobo manual.
1.8.6 Front Panel Audio Connection Header
This header provides the front panel connection for HD (High Definition)
Audio, yet for AC’97 Audio CODEC connection, you must carefully check the
pin assignment before connecting from the front panel module. An incorrect
connection may cause malfunction or even damage the motherboard
Btw HD is the preferred connection anyways these days.
Score
0
September 20, 2010 10:21:23 AM

505090, I have already downloaded that file and tried it won't even install, I keep getting this error : "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure !! [Error Code : -0001]".

Davcon, who said anything about the FP audio connection, I am talking about the rear panel audio connection.
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 20, 2010 1:58:18 PM

reckless67 said:
505090, I have already downloaded that file and tried it won't even install, I keep getting this error : "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure !! [Error Code : -0001]".

Davcon, who said anything about the FP audio connection, I am talking about the rear panel audio connection.

Oh so you think possibly having the wrong the fp lead connected to the mobo header won't cause problems.
It will it's all connected.
Plus why don't you download driversweeper and uninstall all the Realtek files in safemode
Then reinstall the appropriate drivers as Admin.
Score
0
September 21, 2010 1:07:45 AM

Best answer selected by ControlPanelHeist.
Score
0
September 21, 2010 1:47:29 AM

I figured it out, I downloaded the 2.52 HD Audio drivers from Realtek's site and they installed fine and now I have audio. I did the driver sweeper thing and then tried the 1.90 drivers and they still would not install. I then found the 2.52 on Realtek and they worked.
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 21, 2010 3:48:52 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!