Sign in with
Your question

Dont buy MoH you will be sadly dissapointed.

Last response: in Video Games
February 1, 2011 5:06:03 AM

Ok a while back I played the MoH beta and it sucked but I found a deal at g2play.net and purchased the game for $17 and some change. That was a mistake! At first I enjoyed it the I regretted it especially after I started playing it at night. That is when the hacks come out to play. Punkbuster is the worst anti-cheat I have ever seen I have rarely seen anybody get kicked when you know with out a doubt he is hacking. I get that there are good players out there but one minute you will be playing a good game and the next map you will get totally destroyed against a team that didnt stand a chance. The rank structure is a joke, you can win a round and it will add +10 to your skill and the next match your team will lose and you end the match 10/5 and lose 200 points on your skill. It dont matter the skill level of the opposing team. I have been 8/2 at the top of the list on my team and still lose points. The base rapping and spawn camping I can understand its war anything goes but when you get run over all of a sudden by the opposing team it is a joke.
Another thing is the collision in the game is bad and I mean bad! You can clearly be behind something and still get shot, the lag is horrible, and when you can get shot clear across the map with an mp4 there is something wrong. I dont know maybe it is just me but EA made a huge mistake with this one.
I am an avid fps gamer and I wouldnt recommend this game to anybody. It isnt worth $17 let alone $60. It is a horribly built game.

If anyone has played this game let me know what you think of the game.
February 1, 2011 5:24:59 AM

I played the beta when you could sign up for it. Played it at most 5 times.. I didn't like it to be honest, it seemed just like every other FPS. Oh, I did pirate the singleplayer and beat it lol. The one thing I did like about the game was how the guns felt, they felt really solid to me, and had a good feeling when you shot it, if that makes sense.

The maps we're pretty small that I remember. It was pretty much a COD rip off. Nothing like the older console MOH's I played and enjoyed.

Its not worth a buy.
m
l
February 1, 2011 11:30:52 AM

I agree there are some good aspects of the game, but yes the maps are pretty small. The largest map is helman valley and it still isnt a large map. The only thing about the guns I dont like is they are unprdictable, one minute you will have minimal spray and kill an enemy with ease and the next minute the spray is so bad you cant hit s**t, that could be a lag problem though, and I dont mean me I mean the sever or the game.
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2011 8:17:20 AM

I wouldn't say don't buy MoH, the story mode is pretty good and the online isn't too bad .. Its like any game, it has its ups and downs .. you just have to build a bridge and get over it
m
l
February 4, 2011 11:13:46 AM

I found MoH to have the best prediction for shooting in any game (except old shooters), I found that where I shot is where it ended up at, certainly better than CoD for prediction. The kickback was fairly good, since in real life standing up and shooting means you can't hit anything anyway, and continuing to fire would also reduce your accuracy fairly heavily. You cannot take MoH like CoD, you have to line your shots up and aim ahead of the enemy and everything works.

The skill system was built around MoH being a teamwork game, if you don't work as a team , you will lose the round and lose skill points. I found that by doing that my skill level got very high very quickly.

If you are experiencing latency issues with hitting people you must ensure you are not running any download, P2P software when playing. Also your ISP may be providing you a poor service in respect to latency. Also ensuring any required ports are forwarded helps.
m
l
February 4, 2011 1:48:42 PM

i played the online beta and found it to be almost exactly like bfbc2...so i didn't buy it
m
l
February 4, 2011 2:11:34 PM

evilgenius134 said:
I found MoH to have the best prediction for shooting in any game (except old shooters), I found that where I shot is where it ended up at, certainly better than CoD for prediction. The kickback was fairly good, since in real life standing up and shooting means you can't hit anything anyway, and continuing to fire would also reduce your accuracy fairly heavily. You cannot take MoH like CoD, you have to line your shots up and aim ahead of the enemy and everything works.

The skill system was built around MoH being a teamwork game, if you don't work as a team , you will lose the round and lose skill points. I found that by doing that my skill level got very high very quickly.

If you are experiencing latency issues with hitting people you must ensure you are not running any download, P2P software when playing. Also your ISP may be providing you a poor service in respect to latency. Also ensuring any required ports are forwarded helps.

The lag problem has nothing to do with my connection my ping on speed test from ohio to calif. is 36 and MoH uses almost no bandwidth when playing online I have downloaded at 800Mb/s on my other PC and had almost no change in lag. As for the skill level at first yes your skill will rise quickly but after you have passed level 5 on your weapons and passed around 3500 skill it is almost impossible to gain more than 10 points even if your team does win and you have an ok K/D. And sometimes you can have an ok K/D win and lose points.
m
l
February 4, 2011 2:28:45 PM

jefe323 said:
i played the online beta and found it to be almost exactly like bfbc2...so i didn't buy it

I have heard a lot of people say this but a lot less people have bad things to say about BFBC2 and 10x the people play BFBC2 online than MoH.
I dont get it. Sometimes I like playing MoH until you get somebody that comes into a server that is 7000 skill and higher and you get rapped. The only way I could see anybody reaching that kind of skill is cheating. I have reached 5000+ skill very quickly but as soon as you do (I dont know when or why this happens) the most I ever gain skill wise is +10 no matter if our team won and I was on the top in points and K/D. So my question is how the H**l does someone get a skill level like that. I have checked the stats on mohstats.com on the top guys and they had 7000+ skill in less than 60hr, and guess what they have all been banned by punkbuster. But its not just them, there are other guys that have reached that kind of skill in that amount of time or less. Another thing is that Admins wont grow any balls and kick guys who have 30+ kills and no deaths in multiple matches, all they say is quit B**ching and play the game or you will be kicked, and no its not the server message it is an admin and it has been said to me many times. It is like they think punkbuster will catch every little thing and leave it to punkbuster to kick or ban people. Its rediculous.
m
l
February 15, 2011 3:06:14 PM

Played the beta and thought it was pants so I didnt bother with it, and fired up Bad Company 2 again. I may well buy it on the cheap if it still gives early BF3 beta access though.
m
l
!