Sign in with
Your question

firefox messed up my system !!!

Last response: in Windows XP
February 6, 2005 2:08:17 PM

When I install and use firefox my IE doesn't want to startup again , and goes to W:/windows/system32/shdoclc.dll/dsnerror.html

How can I resolve this...
Even if I uninstall FIREFOX it doesn;t seem to work at all anymore

Please assist
RALPH

More about : firefox messed system

February 6, 2005 6:37:46 PM

I've never ever had this kind of problem after installing Firefox and also never heard of such problem caused by Firefox. It must be something else. Firefox installer doesn't touch any system file or IE related files.

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>
February 6, 2005 7:54:18 PM

My guess it that your DNS problem is unrelated to firefox.

Go to tools, internet properties, connections and click setup to start the new connection wizzard and see if that helps.

If you haven't already done so I would scan your system for viruses and adware.

Also try disabling your firewall and see if the problem goes away.

It could also be something as simple as the DNS server you are using being down and it not affecting firefox because you have used it recently.
Related resources
February 7, 2005 7:15:16 AM

I have tried using firefox on two seperate occasions and have had nothing but problems with it. It screws everything up. Just today I found that it was still messing with my excel files so I had to reset all my internet settings despite that program being long gone and uninstalled.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA
February 7, 2005 10:33:01 AM

I agree the Program SUCKS totally , there's really nothing faster about it...
And After I installed it I can't get IE to work again ...
AVOID FIREFOX...
Thanks for the great tips , einsteins....
February 7, 2005 1:01:35 PM

Whatever!
February 7, 2005 9:24:31 PM

Quote:

Yes, you're smarter than the rest of us... seeing as how you solved the problem all on your own and didn't need to post here to ask how to solve it.

Firefox did NOTHING to your IE. I still use both browsers at work (some sites simply don't work with Firefox) and they both work.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
February 8, 2005 12:07:25 PM

Quote:
I agree the Program SUCKS totally , there's really nothing faster about it...
And After I installed it I can't get IE to work again ...
AVOID FIREFOX...

Check out the reviews and positive user feedback ... you might want to figure out how to use a PC before you start slamming a new browser that's been so well received ...

Quote:
have tried using firefox on two seperate occasions and have had nothing but problems with it. It screws everything up. Just today I found that it was still messing with my excel files so I had to reset all my internet settings despite that program being long gone and uninstalled.

DH, I'm surprised at you, of all people ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>
February 8, 2005 12:28:59 PM

Well firefox ate my baby, no wait that was a dingo.

Maybe it was firefox that installed a virus and spyware when he left forgot to put the . between the www and the domain name for a popular site. No wait was IE.

I remember now. It was right after I switched to firefox two years ago that my hair started to thin. Dam you firefox.
February 8, 2005 1:53:31 PM

Use the force young padowan.
Angry, you are.
Patience, you have not.
Make sense, you do not.
Thrashed, you will get.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger
February 8, 2005 6:45:41 PM

fire fox keeps eating all my chickens!!! how am i supposed to feed all my chilluns?

this is my boomstick!
February 10, 2005 3:43:37 AM

No seriously. Firefox is very well behaved.

Don't take my work for it. Firefox carefully documents everthing it does durring the install proccess in the file C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\install_wizard1.log

The logging is a built in feature of the installer it uses, so if it didn't get logged it didn't get done.

Review the log and you will see that Firefox doesn't alter any system files or mess with other programs regisrty settings.

I wish I could say the same for all programs I install.
!