Possible to share a cable modem through D-Link DSL-G604T a..

Zakk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2004

Hi!

I was thinking that is it possible to share a cable modem internet
connection through D-link G604T? It has an adsl port and 4 ethernet
ports, can I somehow share cable modem through ethernet port to my
wirless lan?

Thanks!

--
Zakk

Zakk <Zakk.1fuwfm@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in

> I was thinking that is it possible to share a cable modem internet
> connection through D-link G604T? It has an adsl port and 4 ethernet
> ports, can I somehow share cable modem through ethernet port to my
> wirless lan?

No. The DSL-G604T routes from the WAN port (in this case, the ADSL
connection) to the LAN (Ethernet + wireless).

The correct D-Link model is probably the DI-624, which has an
Ethernet WAN port suitable for connection to an external modem (cable
or ADSL).

Hope this helps

--

Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.