Keyboard problem

PAMPA

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Hey guys,

I changed recently my pc for a window 7. I used to play Call of duty, WOW on my old xp and the same keyboard all was working perfectly! I've a french keyboard but i put it FR (Keyboard , languages) And my window 7 is english. My problem is when i play call of duty or wow i press forward "Z" and if i want press jump or crouch or whatever that's stop walking.. and that's really annoying coz actually i can't play. I tried different way in "Make the keyboard easier to use" Sticky key blablabla but nothing working.

Thx for help And sorry for my poor english. :hello:

jay_l_a

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
Can you not just go into control panel/keyboard and set your k/b to French? I've never tried, but assume this is how it works....

PAMPA

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
oldmangamer_73 :What's re-map the keys and how can i do that?

jay_l_a : i put already my keyboard in french all working well excepte when i playing games (Ex. i playing call of dutty i press the key forward "Z" i want to press sprint in the same time "SHIFT" and when the sprint is finnish i stop walking i need to press "Z" again and normaly i don't need to!

I dl a Upgrade for microsoft keyboard but that's didn't helped me. My keyboard is PS/2 But i bought an adaptor to USB should be working well

PAMPA

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Yes i did that but i still get the problem and i've got this problem in all games.. when i press 2 keys that's stop the first key i pressed! if you know what i mean..

PAMPA

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Yes i just Tried same problem :( "i changed to eng and i re map the control on call of duty but i still stop forward when i jump or sprint or whatever"

jay_l_a

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
Can you rule out the keyboard as the culprit? Is there another keyboard in the house you can try?
Seems odd that you cannot press multiple keys at once, that doesn't sound like a regional setting.

jay_l_a

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
Hang on, is this a stickykeys problem? That can happen with some function keys (shift, alt, cttl etc).

Find stickykeys in control panel, and make sure it is OFF

PAMPA

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Nope the Stickykeys is off and it's not a Keyboard Wireless. it's "Microsoft Inernet Keyboard"!. Normaly this keyboard working well. I've just got my new pc Window 7 64-BIT and i've got this problem. But i used to play on my XP like 3 days ago all was fine. It's something wrong with my settings for my keyboard i'm sure but i tried all but i can't find it..

My mouse (Razer Diamondback) working good.

PAMPA

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Yes i did! i've got a new "key settings" Bank 1 (standard), Bank 2 (Gaming).. i tried all but that's not working :(. "IntelliType Pro 7.1" that's the name of the Upgrade on Microsoft website.