Do it yourself pc system question

G

I am ready to build the exact pc system listed in tom's do it yourself guide. I have components listed...where can i buy all these components? I went to CompUsa yesterday and all i can say is they are clueless. Any help would ba appreciated.

Thanks

G

Being Canadian and living in our largest City, it easy to find venders selling computer parts. The only thing I can suggest is to stay away from the bigger chain stores, Computer City here, they tend be over priced on allot of the stuff. They can order anything but if its not stock they over charge you. Check out the smaller stores, they seem to be more deperate for your business but you still have to be price wise.

Good Luck.

Take Care.
Yes,I know I'm immature, but my goal is insanity!

flavio321

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
i know it's very exciting to build your own computer. you shouldn't get ripped off by you local chain stores(compUSA).
shop around the internet. try to limit your stores to 2 or 3. shipping cost will go up if you shop in different stores for every parts. www.pricewatch.com

If you can't beat 'em kill 'em
athlon "SLOTA" thunderbird 700@1050mhz

Sumadin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2001
Comp USA is a rip off. Dont buy there.
They only carry Soyo mobo's any who.
Check resellersrating.com to check out the online sellers that you find on pricewatch.com
Ive made a purchase from Minotaur.ccom
Prices were a bit higher on my SX830 tower, but all the lowwer priced sellers on pricewatch were out of stock.
They responded to my e mails promptly to help me find the cheapest shipping alternative to my heavy tower.
Definitely check the ratings. I've seen a couple places with absolutely terrible ratings.

Good Luck

<font color=red>Sumadin</font color=red>

<font color=blue>"A mind is a terrible thing"</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS