Doom 2 mouse funtion

I tried installing my old Doom 2 PC game on a newer XP computer with the
newer connections on the back. The mouse will not be recognized. Is there
some patch to fix this bug?
5 answers Last reply
More about doom mouse funtion
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Is your mouse USB or PS/2?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Steve P wrote:
    > I tried installing my old Doom 2 PC game on a newer XP computer with
    > the newer connections on the back. The mouse will not be recognized.
    > Is there some patch to fix this bug?

    Why do so hard way? There is new way to run Doom 2 with DirectX or
    OpenGL and full mouse support.

    Go to http://www.doomsdayhq.com/ and download there
    (http://www.doomsdayhq.com/files.php?class=1) your OS (Linux, Mac or
    Windows) packet. Direct Windows installer link:

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deng/deng-inst-1.8.6.exe?download
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    It is PS/2, but I may have a converter if the USB port is better.

    "Peter" <peterooms@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is your mouse USB or PS/2?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    > Why do so hard way? There is new way to run Doom 2 with DirectX or OpenGL
    > and full mouse support.
    >
    > Go to http://www.doomsdayhq.com/ and download there
    > (http://www.doomsdayhq.com/files.php?class=1) your OS (Linux, Mac or
    > Windows) packet. Direct Windows installer link:
    >
    > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deng/deng-inst-1.8.6.exe?download

    These sites offer JDoom, which is not familiar to me. Will it fix the mouse
    function and let me play the original game?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    "Steve P" <perilmung@spamnet.consumer> wrote in message
    > > Why do so hard way? There is new way to run Doom 2 with DirectX or
    OpenGL
    > > and full mouse support.
    > >
    > > Go to http://www.doomsdayhq.com/ and download there
    > > (http://www.doomsdayhq.com/files.php?class=1) your OS (Linux, Mac or
    > > Windows) packet. Direct Windows installer link:
    > >
    > > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deng/deng-inst-1.8.6.exe?download
    > >

    > These sites offer JDoom, which is not familiar to me. Will it fix the
    mouse
    > function and let me play the original game?

    Yep. JDoom is an enhanced version of Doom. Same basic game (it uses the same
    maps, textures, sounds, etc) but it runs in windows instead of dos, which
    solves a whole load of problems, including mouse-related ones. (Windows XP
    doesn't work well with dos-based games). Also, there's a ton of new features
    built in like high resolution screen modes and texture smoothing which make
    the game look a lot better.

Mice Games Windows XP Video Games