Doom 2 mouse funtion

I tried installing my old Doom 2 PC game on a newer XP computer with the
newer connections on the back. The mouse will not be recognized. Is there
some patch to fix this bug?

Steve P wrote:
> I tried installing my old Doom 2 PC game on a newer XP computer with
> the newer connections on the back. The mouse will not be recognized.
> Is there some patch to fix this bug?

Why do so hard way? There is new way to run Doom 2 with DirectX or
OpenGL and full mouse support.

Go to http://www.doomsdayhq.com/ and download there
(http://www.doomsdayhq.com/files.php?class=1) your OS (Linux, Mac or
Windows) packet. Direct Windows installer link:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deng/deng-inst-1.8.6.exe?download

It is PS/2, but I may have a converter if the USB port is better.

"Peter" <peterooms@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is your mouse USB or PS/2?

> Why do so hard way? There is new way to run Doom 2 with DirectX or OpenGL
> and full mouse support.
>
> Go to http://www.doomsdayhq.com/ and download there
> (http://www.doomsdayhq.com/files.php?class=1) your OS (Linux, Mac or
> Windows) packet. Direct Windows installer link:
>
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deng/deng-inst-1.8.6.exe?download

These sites offer JDoom, which is not familiar to me. Will it fix the mouse
function and let me play the original game?

BW

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

"Steve P" <perilmung@spamnet.consumer> wrote in message
> > Why do so hard way? There is new way to run Doom 2 with DirectX or
OpenGL
> > and full mouse support.
> >
> > Go to http://www.doomsdayhq.com/ and download there
> > (http://www.doomsdayhq.com/files.php?class=1) your OS (Linux, Mac or
> > Windows) packet. Direct Windows installer link:
> >
> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deng/deng-inst-1.8.6.exe?download
> >

> These sites offer JDoom, which is not familiar to me. Will it fix the
mouse
> function and let me play the original game?

Yep. JDoom is an enhanced version of Doom. Same basic game (it uses the same
maps, textures, sounds, etc) but it runs in windows instead of dos, which
solves a whole load of problems, including mouse-related ones. (Windows XP
doesn't work well with dos-based games). Also, there's a ton of new features
built in like high resolution screen modes and texture smoothing which make
the game look a lot better.