Google was Crowned 'King of Malware' in Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
OK, so the top search engine gives access to the most malware, seems logical to me really. Just shows you can't be an idiot and just click whatever website pops up on Google (or Bing or Yahoo), gotta protect yourself and make sure before you go to unknown sites.

casperstouch

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
This sounds to me like a self-fulfilling prophecy. People use google more often therefore more people get malware from it. But what is the percentage of using it and getting malware, if you use any of them and search for the same thing?

triculious

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
yes, we know, most people LACK common sense... that's why the most used software is often the most vulnerable to malware
not because it is bad but because it becomes the target to a great number of threats

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
So Google is the "King of Malware" because people have malware on their sites which are indexed in search engines and Google is the most commonly used search engine?

That's some rather projecting logic since none of the malware actually comes FROM Google or Yahoo or Bing for that matter.

G

in other news, a study finds the majority of traffic accidents involves cars.....

IM0001

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
The main problem with Google is it does not filter anything when it comes to its Sponsored ad's. Almost all the Sponsored Ad's are 100% scam sites or sites filled with malware. Bing is not perfect in this area but they do a much better job of keeping crap out in their searches.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]etrnl_frost[/nom]In other news, Windows is less secure than other OS's![/citation]

I disagree. Apple is far less secure, just no one wants to hack it :D

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]fayzaan[/nom]I disagree. Apple is far less secure, just no one wants to hack it[/citation]
Gah. That's exactly my point. It bothers me that I made nearly this exact same comment on another forum regarding something similar, and it flew over their heads too. Maybe my subtle sarcasm emitter is borked.

Sihastru

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Looking for 15 minutes of fame, are we?!

Their next analysis is: "Driving automobiles is the #1 cause for all automobile accidents!"

I know, I know... it's a bit deeper then that, but their formulation of the conclusion sucks... The conclusion should be that Google implements a less restrictive filtering mechanism for the search results, and not to imply that Google will directly infect you with malware.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]etrnl_frost[/nom]Gah. That's exactly my point. It bothers me that I made nearly this exact same comment on another forum regarding something similar, and it flew over their heads too. Maybe my subtle sarcasm emitter is borked.[/citation]

No worries, I got it...

It's like saying rich people account for the highest rate of Porsche crashes so they're the most unsafe drivers.

cahomsyjr

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
fayzaan & etrnl_frost what fun is it to hack into an already crippled and easy to get into OS? I want some meat on my OS, not some emaciated push over. Oh now back to our story, hello McFly as long as Google can make a buck off of what you're doing they don't give a rats behind about what happens to your machine. That's pretty obvious by how much support they give to their products,"read the forum"

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Google shows the relevant results.

Its your part to be sensible enough to know what you are clicking.

Not Google's fault.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
yuuup its just like windows and apple but one nice thing it only takes google 1.2 days to index sites....i rather some malware and finding what i'm looking for rather then less malware and not be able to get what i want

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Hold on, people actually use twitter? it's a corporate made social site made to look like a non-corporate made social site. They sell your info, they post it all over the news an all in hopes of becoming a Facebook. Get rid of it, it's as useless as Myspace.

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
[citation][nom]dohdohdoh[/nom]in other news, a study finds the majority of traffic accidents involves cars.....[/citation]

ROFL, thats pure sarcasm

leorick

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
That's why i used WOT (web of trust) on both Firefox and Chrome to let me know what websites might be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.