LG VX 6000

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
October 3, 2004 12:42:23 AM

Hello,

A couple questions on the VX 6000.

Is there a way to mute the camera sound when taking a picture, or to
change it to some sort of differant sound?

ALSO, ringtones, do I have to go through verizons get it now or can
I get a data cable for this phone somewhere and load that way?

Any other tips / tricks about this phone?
thanks

More about : 6000

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 5:52:36 AM

"Paul" <paul814@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> A couple questions on the VX 6000.
>
> Is there a way to mute the camera sound when taking a picture, or to
> change it to some sort of differant sound?

Yes, you can turn the 'shutter sound' off in the VX6000.

> ALSO, ringtones, do I have to go through verizons get it now or can
> I get a data cable for this phone somewhere and load that way?
>
> Any other tips / tricks about this phone?
> thanks

You can buy a data cable and then use a free program such as bitpim to
transfer phonebook, pics, sounds, etc....

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 12:53:36 PM

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 01:52:36 -0400, Bob the Printer wrote
(in article <TOudnQS-XMA8DsLcRVn-jA@comcast.com>):

>> ALSO, ringtones, do I have to go through verizons get it now or can
>> I get a data cable for this phone somewhere and load that way?
>>
>> Any other tips / tricks about this phone?
>> thanks
>
> You can buy a data cable and then use a free program such as bitpim to
> transfer phonebook, pics, sounds, etc....

Anyone know where to get compatible ringtones?
October 6, 2004 4:44:11 PM

On 2 Oct 2004 20:42:23 -0700, paul814@excite.com (Paul) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>A couple questions on the VX 6000.
>
>Is there a way to mute the camera sound when taking a picture, or to
>change it to some sort of differant sound?
>
>ALSO, ringtones, do I have to go through verizons get it now or can
>I get a data cable for this phone somewhere and load that way?
>
>Any other tips / tricks about this phone?
>thanks

Do a google search like I did to find tips and tricks with the VX6000.
One place is www.howardforums.com
October 6, 2004 11:53:36 PM

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:53:36 -0400, SinghaLvr wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 01:52:36 -0400, Bob the Printer wrote (in article
> <TOudnQS-XMA8DsLcRVn-jA@comcast.com>):
>
>>> ALSO, ringtones, do I have to go through verizons get it now or can I
>>> get a data cable for this phone somewhere and load that way?
>>>
>>> Any other tips / tricks about this phone? thanks
>>
>> You can buy a data cable and then use a free program such as bitpim to
>> transfer phonebook, pics, sounds, etc....
>
> Anyone know where to get compatible ringtones?

It plays midi files, just search the web.
It will also play mp3s renamed with a .mid suffix.

rich
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:04:02 AM

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:53:36 -0400, rich
<seriousbrosKILL@SPAMMERSyahoo.com> wrote:

>> Anyone know where to get compatible ringtones?
>
>It plays midi files, just search the web.
>It will also play mp3s renamed with a .mid suffix.

Some midi files play back pretty horrible.
I wasn't aware of the MP3 possibility though ... I'll certainly give
that a try. Thanks!
!