identify this motherboard

G

I need to identify this HP OEM motherboard so that I can get a layout and disable the on board video. The numbers on the board are P2898-XV.It is in an HP 8380 (P2 400) Can anyone help me??
Also I need to determine where to plug in for fan power on my new video card. Any and all help is appreciated--THANKS!

G

There should be a setting in your BIOS to disable the onboard video. Press F1 when you see the HP logo to enter BIOS setup.

I'm not finding what type of motherboard is in your system; it's a 440BX chipset, probably a HP proprietary POC.

~Weav

G

Thanks for the answer, the chip set is 440BX. Hope this helps to ID this, P2898-XV is the number on the board itself.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I give up. Anyone elso know the manufacturer? A lot of my HP mobos said Asus right on them, but I can't say for sure if this one is Asus or what model it may be. Maybe I can do a serch under the bios string-what kind of bios does it have and what is the bios string at post?

Suicide is painless...........

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is an Asus board. You were misreading it. Asus did produce a board model P2B98-XV. As a side note, HP uses Asus boards in their systems.

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry, I also forgot about the fan issue....

You can plug the fan into the controller that says PWR_Fan. Asus usually puts this on the board by the keyboard/mouse port, just behind the Slot 1 connector. If not, or there are no places to plug that in, I know that 2cooltek sells an adapter that allows you to plug a 3 pin fan connector into a 4 pin power port.

wingnut144

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a HP at home, was never able to find the jumper to disable the onboard video. Ended up putting in a PCI card and disabling the video from within WinME. Works great!

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
goto hp.com, click on support button, select home pcs, then select your model series, 8200, i forget your model number, next page select your model, then select product specs. To disable the onboard video, I believe just throwing a new card in disables it in them auto. Could be wrong.

-sinner.