EPOX 8KTA3

G

Does anyone have any experience with the EPOX 8KTA3 motherboard? I am looking at building a new system with the following:
Athlon 850
256Mb RAM
Matrox G450
30Gb IBM UDMA100 HDD

The company I am hoping to use for the components have stopped selling the Asus A7V (although they may bring the newer version back), but the choices are between the soltek, and the Epox. I am leaning towards the Epox at the moment... comments????

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Do not buy this board because it is the only one sold by the company you would like to do business with.

Buy the board because it has the features/price that you require.

I do not have any specific experience with that board so I cannot offer anything really technical but from what I can see it looks good, 4 DIMM slots, ATA100 support, plenty of PCI slots, I question the addition of an ISA slot however as this archaic interface should have been dead and buried by now.

One Note: I noticed a + version of that board available, you may want to look at that and compare features/price.

Only difference I could see was two additional ide ports

G

Thanks for the advice, I am certainly interested in the features it has to offer, they look pretty good. I really don't care who makes the board as long as it is good and reliable. The 'plus' board as far as I can determine had RAID capability which I am not bothered about.